Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: every jersey worn in NFL will hit NFL auctions : )

Another thing: watch and see how many of these items get re-listed and re-listed because "amateur Joe Schmoe" is bidding, winning and then not paying.

The upside to most of our usual auction houses is that it's a little tougher to register and participate than in NFL Auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I think NFL Auctions is going to have a huge problem....Unaware Buyers are flocking to the website and just randomly bidding on stuff.....I assume that they think that it is "game used".....Run a query by price and you should see what I mean......They are paying insane prices for run of the mill signed memorabilia...... probably thinking it is the real deal because they saw it on TV!

WOW...I thought that there were only going to be huge prices paid for the 9/11 items...someone is bidding $4k for a signed Ray Lewis Pro Line helmet, whos proceeds don't even go to the 9/11 charity...YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    WOW...I thought that there were only going to be huge prices paid for the 9/11 items...someone is bidding $4k for a signed Ray Lewis Pro Line helmet, whos proceeds don't even go to the 9/11 charity...YIKES
    Yeah and then in about 6 months when friends and family make fun of their "game used helmet" since it's not game used, it will show up on eBay as being game used for $4,000 and some other idiot will buy it.

I honestly wish I knew who was bidding on this helmet. Heck, 4 people all bid over $2,500 for it. I would be more than willing to sell them each 2 full size helmets for only $2,000.

If the auction strings out to Christmas, you will see prices drop on a lot of common players. A few years ago, NFL auctions had the 2009 Bucs london jerseys, sell from December 2009-March of 2010 at a rate of 2-3 per week. By February, I was getting them for $150 a piece.

I assume there is someone (or many) out there saying that they want 1 game used ribbon jersey from each team though.

I heard of NFL auctions doing this in late July this year and already put $1,500 aside for Bucs jerseys of Michael Koenen, Cody Grimm and Corey Lynch. 3 basically no-namers, but if those got listed first on NFL auctions, $1000 minimum will be the rate per jersey, that I'd be lucky to get $200 on ebay in 2 years. As soon as I saw, NFL run an add during the game, I knew this wouldn't be good for prices be somewhat reasonable.

NFL requested 10 jerseys per team. Who know what they will get. What helps is NFL auctions is ran by a VERY small staff. They cannot possibly do this is a very fast manner, making it opefully string out to at least thanksgiving.

to get this in a more festive mood,

has anyone seen any other 9/11 jersey's on other auction sites besides the couple on nfl auctions?

Someone asked in the Pats and Fish would wear 9/11 patch on Monday night. They are not. Just an FYI
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Someone asked in the Pats and Fish would wear 9/11 patch on Monday night. They are not. Just an FYI
    i know its technically not the day but the whole weekend through monday should have had 9/11 memorial patches