Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Players were fined for wearing Non-NFL Equipment on 9/11?

Co-worker of mine just told me that there was a yahoo report stating that since the american flag style gloves/cleats that some players were sporting today were not "NFL Equipment", they were fined for wearing it.

Is this true? If so, that is extremely pathetic to the fact that the NFL commision cant make an exception especially for today.

I also wonder if those specific items will be auctioned off as well

Re: Players were fined for wearing Non-NFL Equipment on 9/11?

Not true - usually they do fine someone for that which is what they consider a "uniform violation", but Roger Goodell said this week nobody will be fined for wearing stuff to support 9/11.

That's really smart on his part because it'd have been HORRIBLE PR if he did fine people for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Not true - usually they do fine someone for that which is what they consider a "uniform violation", but Roger Goodell said this week nobody will be fined for wearing stuff to support 9/11.

That's really smart on his part because it'd have been HORRIBLE PR if he did fine people for it.
    Thats what I have would imagined ... He would have gotten a slew of hatred if that were true.

they could have fined the players and donated the money to 911 charities...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    Co-worker of mine just told me that there was a yahoo report stating that since the american flag style gloves/cleats that some players were sporting today were not "NFL Equipment", they were fined for wearing it.

Is this true? If so, that is extremely pathetic to the fact that the NFL commision cant make an exception especially for today.

Possibly - the NFL offices are in New York - the home of Bloomberg, who by the way, banned first responders and clergy from the 911 site. I wonder if he would have banned first responders and clergy back in 2001?

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/responders.asp

Just an opinion

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post

The NFL let players wear special cleats and gloves, but MLB baned the Mets from wearing NYPD and NYFD caps during their game on Sun night.

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    The NFL let players wear special cleats and gloves, but MLB baned the Mets from wearing NYPD and NYFD caps during their game on Sun night.
    Players said the hats were physically taken from them. Joe Torre had a lot to do with this. I guess he forgot where he was on 9/11 and where he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by SPB903 View Post
    Players said the hats were physically taken from them. Joe Torre had a lot to do with this. I guess he forgot where he was on 9/11 and where he came from.

Torre's nothing more than a kis A%* yes man, which is exactly why d*^%*e bag Selig hired him....

At first Lance Briggs revealed he was wearing the shoes and gloves and said he will gladly take the fine. Then it came out the NFL wouldn't fine players for wearing the stuff this week.