Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, this site is a great find!

Who knew there was a forum for folks who love GU gear as much as I do?!

I've collected on and off over the years, mostly GU bats (my 2 Rickey Henderson's are my prized possessions), but I was biten by an all new bug last weekend.

The Yankees were in town, so we went to Anaheim to watch them take on the Angels. CC didn't get his 20th, and they lost 6-0 but I found a case full of gems after the game while walking out.

I had no idea that MLB was authenticating GU baseballs but lo and behold there were about 8-10 small bins full of GU balls for sale, $20 a pop. It wasn't until I got home and typed the MLB code in when the excitement meter pinged! Suddenly, the ball had a story to it (Pitched by Tyler Chatwood to Jack Wilson, fouled off the screen, top of the 3rd) and I am hooked again!

While I know that NYY GU baseballs will always be at the top of the market, I am trying to decide on a lighter on the wallet alternative. Perhaps only HR balls? Strikeouts? Hit By Pitch?

Does anyone focus their collection on one event and go from there?

Re: Wow, this site is a great find!

Hiya Brian, welcome to the never boring world of game worn material. Glad to have a new member join our ranks.

I have never heard of collectors who concentrate on one type of pitched ball (Although there are HR ball collectors so perhaps I do!)

It sounds like a really interesting focus, good luck with it.

If you haven't checked them out already Steiner is running the Yanks game worn program. You may want to check them out for balls.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Thanks for the welcome gingi79!

Checking out Steiner now!

welcome to the site bud, i had the same reaction when I found this website. a place where guys and gals have the same passion for collecting game worn items. nothing better !

I collect baseballs authenticated by MLB that have commemorative logos i.e. Final Season Yankee Stadium, All Star Game, Opening Day. The collection sounds like a good idea. The Angels are very fairly priced, you will find out that isn't always the case with most teams though.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

Welcome aboard, yes this site is like no other on the internet. For the most part everyone is out to help you find what your looking for as well. In my opinion its the best online fraternity there is! Since I've been here I have found 2 grails and met some really cool friends. You will really like it here! Good luck and once again welcome!

Welcome. My game used ball collection is small (one), but it's pretty huge. One of only seven balls authenticated to have been thrown by Randy Johnson during his 300th win (thanks again Andrew)!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Welcome to the site. While i am still newer in the game used world this site is great. It is mostly collectors just helping collectors out. Weather its advice, picking things up, or giving each other great deals. Its just an overall great place to be.

Thanks again everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I collect baseballs authenticated by MLB that have commemorative logos i.e. Final Season Yankee Stadium, All Star Game, Opening Day. The collection sounds like a good idea. The Angels are very fairly priced, you will find out that isn't always the case with most teams though.
    Seems most teams start them out at $35, I knew the $20 was a good deal right away.