Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fantasy football question?

OK, I need some advice. I lost Peyton for possibly forever, and though I have Sam Bradford as a backup, I get creamed in week one.

I have offered up Larry Fitzgerald in a trade, and have been offered:

*Phillip Rivers
    *Cam Newton
    *Matthew Stafford
    *Tony Romo

I am in a keeper league, so Cam is very appealing as a long term prospect. However, Rivers is a proven product. I do not want Romo so much. Any thoughts would help me with my decision.

Thanks!

Re: Fantasy football question?

Rivers

Rivers for sure, none of the other come close to the value of Fitzgerald. Rivers doesn't even actually come close in terms of value, just look at the difference in ADP....Why not offer a lesser tier player for Stafford or Romo? Forget newton....

Better yet, why not ask for a decent QB and WR in return, since you'll be losing your stud WR?

This is my first year playing fantasy football. I had Tom Brady on my team this week and still lost to a friend whose RB's had record-breaking days. Grumble, grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    Better yet, why not ask for a decent QB and WR in return, since you'll be losing your stud WR?

This is my first year playing fantasy football. I had Tom Brady on my team this week and still lost to a friend whose RB's had record-breaking days. Grumble, grumble.
    First, thanks to everyone for their input, please keep it coming!

So, here's the deal with that. We play a league with x amount of dollars, (like a salary cap w/monopoly money) and I "shot the moon" to get Fitz and Peyton. So, alot of other people (all co-workers) in my league don't want to take on Fitz's contract. He is also the only guy (outside of Mike Tolbert) anyone will offer me a QB for. The co-worker with Rivers does not mind Fitz's salary. He also offered me a Romo+Deion Branch combo, but I loathe Romo and don't trust him from week to week.

My other WRs are Julio Jones, Steve Breaston, Mike Williams and Devery Henderson. Not great, but serviceable. My only other healthy QB is Bradford.

I happen to have Mike Tolbert, James Starks and Marshawn Lynch as RBs, so they are good as a group. Baltimore are my solid "D".

I hope that helps clarify the situation. I wanted Cam because he has a low salary, and I was also offered Dez Bryant with him. But I don't trust Bryant's health and Cam could be a fluke...could be.

Counting on ANY rookie QB in a fantasy league is not a winning proposition. You'll get the occasional good game, but there's way too many downs compared to ups. Or the team generally throws less to protect the rookie. But do whatever makes you happy.

I say Rivers and it's not close. I agree you may ask a #2 or #3 WR also.

Take Rivers and run away with it

Banned

The scoring system for your league helps determine the value for this trade. For instance, in my league, quarterbacks are twice as valuable as any other position player, so Rivers would be worth more than any wide receiver.

In fact, my my league Cam Newton wasn't even drafted. I picked him up as backup after week one, dropping Donovan McNabb as my starting quarterback is Drew Brees.