Hello Fellow Forum Members. I may have rushed into an ill-advised purchase earlier this week and am hoping someone out there may be able to offer some help. ASI had a one day sale and they were offering a Joe Montana jersey with Wilson tagging size 48. I spoke with Brad at ASI about it who assured me that this came from a former 49ers player and that Montana did wear a size 48 at times. Given the time limit on the sale, I went ahead and purchased the item, which I haven't yet received. But I've since spent some time looking at other Montana jerseys auctioned by the major auction houses and have yet to run across a size 48. They are all 44. (For that matter, every other notable 49ers star, including Rice, Young, Lott, Craig, seems to have also worn a size 44, whether the jersey was made by Wilson or Russell Atheletic). Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Specifically, have you ever encountered a Montana size 48? I've done business with ASI before and I've found them to be reputable. If indeed the evidence strongly points against Montana ever wearing a size 48, I'm hoping I can get them to accept a return. Thanks.
--Steve