Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Eagles jersey experts please.

Does anyone know when the eagles game jerseys started adding a grid like pattern around the shoulder numbers?

I'm looking to get a Hasselbeck jersey from 2002 and wanted to know if I should suspect it to have the grid type boxes by shoulder number 11's

Heres a pic if you can copy and zoom in to see what I mean. Thanks Eagles fans and good luck vs Falcons!

Banned

Re: Eagles jersey experts please.

I know call me weird for noticing this, but I examine jerseys on game day like its my job! I have an obsession with game jerseys.

They have been doing this for years.

I have an eagles throwback with the quilted shoulders. I believe this has been discussed in another thread in the past year but for all nfl teams.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

The eagles are the only team that do it correct? Also I'm looking into a 2002 Tim Hasselbeck gamer in white. I asked the guy for pictures and am waiting. If they don't have the Quilted box grid looking shoulder material is that signs of it being Fake? Keep in mind T.H wears Skill cut type eagles jersey with cuffed sleeves. Also I belive the jersey is a size 48 like most 6ft n over QB's. One of the reasons I want it is because of the quilted shoulders. If it dosn't have them I'm going to pass. I want an authenticity check just incase though.

Banned

P.S Do you know why the eagles do the box quilt?

I have a Mcnabb from 2007 that does not have shoulders like that. It is a green jersey though. Don't know if it's just on the whites or not?

As I understand.....it is totally random by player and year.....many have it.....many don't. I have a 2010 with and many other players and years without. I have only seen it on the Eagles and as it described to me....it makes the jersey much more resilient.

I know the Buccaneers also did this in the mid 90's...

I have it on 2 Nike Cowboy gamers from 1999

Not having the quilted shoulders doesnt mean the jersey isnt legit. Its totally random with no rhyme or reason.

As others have mentioned, a few other teams have done this way back in the day