Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Georgia Bulldog Legend Pick-Up

Finally cam across this jersey. I have been trying to find a David Greene 2002 Game Used Jersey ffor a while. Reason being he was a Great Bulldog that led us to our 1st SEC Championship in 20 yrs. The jersey came directly from David through one of David's friends. Shows great use Shoulders show Helmet contact and the SEC Patch shows Grass stains. David signed the back and attached a COA for it. Its a little cloudy these days in Athens so I cherish being able to obtain Items from the Glory Days!! Gooo Dawgs!!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Re: Georgia Bulldog Legend Pick-Up

Awesome Jersey!

Not a Georgia fan but I was a really big Greene fan
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Yeah thanks Chakes. David was and is a CLASS Act. Those Early Richt teams should be the Template for UGA teams to come. Those were the good years. Great to have a piece of the 2002 Season....

Quote Originally Posted by UGA016 View Post
    Finally cam across this jersey. I have been trying to find a David Greene 2002 Game Used Jersey ffor a while. Reason being he was a Great Bulldog that led us to our 1st SEC Championship in 20 yrs. The jersey came directly from David through one of David's friends. Shows great use Shoulders show Helmet contact and the SEC Patch shows Grass stains. David signed the back and attached a COA for it. Its a little cloudy these days in Athens so I cherish being able to obtain Items from the Glory Days!! Gooo Dawgs!!
    Not a UGA fan, but anytime someone can score an NCAA game worn from their team or school, I feel the excitement! Bonus he was a favorite of yours !!

Thanks Shipp...he was a favorite of the whole Dawg Nation. Just glad I had the opportunity to obtain it.

nice jersey!

are you the one with the moreno uni in the frame?

Yes Masp I have the Moreno as well as many others. I have been trying as of late to just add pieces that will make my UGA collection better. I was able to add the Herschel Walker to the collection a few months back.

Very nice Greene jersey! I've always sort of been a Dawgs fans as Hershel Walker was my favorite pro player growing up. As a college football fan and collector like Travis, I too am happy to see someone pick up a grail item. Not too many of those around for my Gophers and we have most of the college worn grails between my partners and I. I just started collecting former Gophers pro jerseys/helmets 3 years ago and it's just as addicting. Carl Eller Vikings jersey is my grail when I get one someday.

I may be going up to the Georgia v NMSU game. Any reccomendations?

Shawn Kennedy
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    GridironHeroes.net

Hey Shawn. I know their are alot of NFL Collectors on here and I love seeing all of their stuff. But their is something about obtaining a true College piece in my eyes. I have had the honor of collecting some really rare and nice UGA pieces I think. I have found it alot Harder to come across the College stuff Way more than the NFL stuff. Especially now with the Ohio State and Miami mess. I find it sad that a few bad apples have to ruin it for rest of us. Go Dawgs!!

Agreed. I am a college collector myself and haven't had a chance to post seperate thread but Roger from this forum was able to help me obtain one of my grails. It is a 1997 Fred Taylor that looks to be worn all season with a LOT of repairs. I posted on September pick ups. Nice looking Greene UGA! If you run across UF gear in your endeavors, please let me know.