Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Dan Marino Photomatch!!(reward Offered)

OK, I got a Marino gamer today. It is from the 1997 season. It It seems legit to me, has paperwork from mounted memories. It came from Roger Gibson, who got it from hunt auctions. I am trying very hard to photomatch it. I'm not very good at this type of thing, so if you can photomatch it, and it has to be a very clear match, I will send you $50. Thanks for your help guys!

Re: Dan Marino Photomatch!!(reward Offered)

Here's the picture, if you need better pictures, please let me know, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dan Marino was a size 54???

yes, im not concerned about the size....

Can't really tell much without some close ups of your jersey but hope these help somewhat. I am basing my thoughts on the location of the NFL logo at the collar. It most resembles to me the game from Dec. 28, 1997 versus the Patriots. AP Images and Getty both have a few each you may want to compare with.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

An adendum to my post, there are a couple different games with the NFL logo in a similar spot during 1997. I think close-up photos would help others help you out. Not the best at this either, just trying to pay it forward as several members have helped me in the past!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

I got this what i think its a match ,on one of the sleves you have the position is the same as it is in your jersey ,see the pointing edge and the starter logo,same place as these jerseys are always a bit different as you can see from another game he used in the same season.the one i found match is from OCTOBER 19.

sorry meant to send this one ,as you see on my previous posts neither one of those jerseys the dolphin logo ,the tale is on top of the colour in the sleve,in this one it goes over the color line...matched to september 14 against green bay where they lost that game

well it seems like on the other sleeve its not down to the green stripe, and on mine it is....but its really tough to call, it could just be a weird angle? lol

Banned

FBChiefs let me start out by saying WOW simply amazing piece you got. If you don't mind sharing with me how much you paid southwestrep808@yahoo.com for this is one of my Grails I know I'll never obtain. Well a white Nike Marino Gamer is my Holy Grail but yours is very close! I though Marino wore a sz 52 I know some gamers I recently saw were all size 52. But I know back then they changed sizes during season from time to time.

Anyway I'm really good at Matching Dolphins QB jerseys with silk sleeves. The number one thing to look at with photo matches is how far down the dolphins tail dips into aqua silk screen and placement of the manufacture logo (in this case starter logo) It's going to be a really hard photo match other wise because of the date and time. Another Marino was attempting to be photo matched recently from 1996 and it was nearly impossible for the poor soul to find the right snap shots.

The good news is there should be quite a few DVD's for sale on the 1997 season that you can obtain for cheap, and therefor def find your exact match your looking for. If you knew what game it was from it would help a lot this way you can just buy that 1 dvd and get as many stills of the jersey and even see exactly how it got its red gatorade stains (which I find really cool to see gatorade stains on any gamer, being a big gatorade guy myself) I really hope you get to match this one because it is really cool and like I said one of my HOLY grails.

Cliff Notes

1) Every QB dolphins jersey is unique always look for dolphins tail dipping into silk screen
    2) manufacture logo placement above dolphins logos
    3) Placement of NFL shield
    4) Try locating a site or collector of every phins game from 97 to get stills and see how stains were obtained.

To get an exact photo match the type that makes viewers in AWH (word of the day thanks to Bruscki) its going to cost a little bit more than 50$ I'd say, but IMO its well worth it for such an exclusive piece. Esp seeing how my theory that Dolphins QB cut jerseys are like Art in how no 2 are alike.

Great pick up the chiefs, I'm so happy for you. And really can't wait to see that exact photo match, and not ones that could be 50 yes 50 no. I'm expecting an email from you too

Good luck my good friend!