Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Brett Favre 1995 Game Used Jersey

Not that these are major players, mind you, but I know when I put a pair of Heisman Trophy winner Ron Dayne's game worn cleats in front of him to sign, he thoroughly inspected them and when his agent asked "yours?" he shook his head and smiled.

Same goes for Ray Durham, after looking inside and at the marks on the game worn A's helmet I gave him, he asked me where I got it and why they didn't offer it to him. But he was very nice about it and seemed genuinely thrilled to see it .

I shocks me how many fake Favre gamers I have seen out there.

Jerry Rice will NOT sign "game used" on anything that he thinks he has not worn. He has repeatedly told people that a certain jersey was not his and refused to sign it as "game used", although he will still just sign the shirt.

I have had him sign 2 of his gamers and he inspected both and signed both exactly like I wanted him too but a fellow collector who brought a supposed 1994 throwback to him to sign was rejected.

Rice also said that he has MOST of his game used jerseys and uniforms in his own collection, which may be why his authentic gamers are so difficult to find. A friend of mine brought Rice his jersey from a big game he had in NY in 1988 and Rice was somewhat annoyed that he had it. I guess Bronco sold it without his knowledge as it had a Bronco letter. He signed the shirt for my friend but refused to sign it as game used!

Always looking for 49er gamers and paying a finders fee!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

the strange thing about this is, in the picture of Brett it doesnt look like him in 1995, reason I say this is because why would Favre only inscribe "95 mvp" he normally inscribes 95, 96, 97 mvp.....and that jersey is not from 95......hmmm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdeol4 View Post
    the strange thing about this is, in the picture of Brett it doesnt look like him in 1995, reason I say this is because why would Favre only inscribe "95 mvp" he normally inscribes 95, 96, 97 mvp.....and that jersey is not from 95......hmmm
    Guy has grey hair in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Guy has grey hair in the picture.
    correct, hence the picture cant be from 95 etc....

Banned

They faked it. Brett was 26 in 1995 defintely no gray hair and that COA is nondescriptive so they could have easily switched it with another items or created it themselves.

Banned

Angry Re: Brett Favre 1995 Game Used Jersey

As of this evening, the bad news is that this piece of junk is still up on eBay for another day or so. The good news: no one has made a bid yet (and hopefully, no one wiil).

Dave Miedema