Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brett Favre 1995 Game Used Jersey

Another Favre gamer surfaces with his COA and letter. This one is REALLY BAD.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-19...item2a13f0e8fb

Re: Brett Favre 1995 Game Used Jersey

Do you mind sharing some of the bad qualities/points of this jersey? Just wanted to know what to look for just so I know in the future. Would love to own a Favre gamer someday, and I know there's been soooo many bogus ones out there over the years.

Thanks!

Look at any GETTY IMAGE from 1995 and you'll see obvious issues.

First of all, the number fonts on both front and back numerals are wrong. There not even remotely close. The other issue is the sleeves. He wore banded sleeves in 1995. Lastly, I think the size is wrong. I know he wore a 52 for most of his career but maybe he did wear a 48 early on.

One more thing. The tag in the neck, 95-48, is a fake. The numbers and letters should be squared in appearance and not rounded. The rounded version came into use around 1999.

Actually, this jersey is larger than a size 52 even.
    It also sports a '96 era Starter jock tag on the lower front.
    I've inspected a fraudulent jersey basically identical to this.
    This is a retail jersey.
    -Guy

When I clicked on the eBay link all I had to do was look at the first photo. The "95-48" said it all. Good lord thats awful..........

If Favre really signed the EXACT jersey in question...shame on him. That's absurd.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    If Favre really signed the EXACT jersey in question...shame on him. That's absurd.
    Don't you know that many players get jerseys placed in front of them to sign and they write whatever they are asked to write?

Tony Gwynn was the only player I ever saw examine a jersey in detail to determine it was game used before he autographed it. He even asked me where I obtained the jersey, etc. (It was a friend's jersey)

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Don't you know that many players get jerseys placed in front of them to sign and they write whatever they are asked to write?

Tony Gwynn was the only player I ever saw examine a jersey in detail to determine it was game used before he autographed it. He even asked me where I obtained the jersey, etc. (It was a friend's jersey)
    I do know that. And I think it is a shame.