Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Distraught about Canada Post-Need Help

I'm upset and need help.

One month ago, I paid for a Miguel Tejada baseball glove from a Canada seller. He said he sent it and even sent a scan of the customs form. No glove and no COA (in separate envelope). The tracking no. does not show on either Canada or USPS sites.

So what happened and what should I do. The seller does not answer e-mails and cellphone does not take messages.

Any recourse? I still have faith but am very upset. I paid with Paypal. Any help there?

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net

Re: Distraught about Canada Post-Need Help

If it's been a month I'd file a claim through Paypal especially if the seller is not responding to e-mail. At least you might get their attention and your money back if they had no intention of sending the item in the first place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post
    I'm upset and need help.

One month ago, I paid for a Miguel Tejada baseball glove from a Canada seller. He said he sent it and even sent a scan of the customs form. No glove and no COA (in separate envelope). The tracking no. does not show on either Canada or USPS sites.

So what happened and what should I do. The seller does not answer e-mails and cellphone does not take messages.

Any recourse? I still have faith but am very upset. I paid with Paypal. Any help there?

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net
    File a PayPal claim and hope. If you did the deal off eBay you may not get proper coverage, but it is worth a try.

If you paid with a credit card, be sure to file a dispute with your credit card for non-delivery.

I always recommend paying for items with a credit card through PayPal and not through your bank account or funds in the PayPal account as your credit card should protect you in the event of non-delivery.

Banned

I'm upset and need help.

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net
    File a complaint with PayPal - that should get his/her attention.

Jim

I could be out of luck. Paypal won't investigate because I sent the money as a gift, not goods or services. Lesson learned.

It's really a terrible feeling when you come to another collector's aid and spend money you don't really have -- and get dumped on.

Horrible!!!

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net

Banned

I could be out of luck. Paypal won't investigate because I sent the money as a gift, not goods or services. Lesson learned.

It's really a terrible feeling when you come to another collector's aid and spend money you don't really have -- and get dumped on.

Horrible!!!

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net
    Dave - that truly sucks. Would you mind posting the guy's eBay User ID?

Jim

Sure thing!!! His name is David Keen. Sounded like a really wonderful guy and put the glove on lay-away for me. His e-mails are davegameguy@yahoo.com and julielovesbunnies@hotmail.com

He even scanned the customs form with tracking no. for me. But there are problems:

1. The customs form has no sending date on it.
    2. Tracking no. does not register either with Canada or US Postal service.
    3. Cellphone goes immediately to "...not accepting calls..."
    4. He has not responded to e-mails to either address.

I'm a trusting guy and I want to believe he is straight-up. And I will apologize profusely if he is. I even hate to publish his name. But this is just not right---not fair.

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net

Maybe a few e-mails from other collectors to get his attention?

Subject: Re: Tejada Item
    To: "david keen" <davegameguy@yahoo.ca>
    Received: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 4:54 PM

I sent the mone7y. I just tried your cellphone to tell you it was on the way but the recorded voice said to try later. No problem. I just wanted to get some money to you.

Dave Silverbrand

My mistake... davegameguy@yahoo.ca

That's the correct e-mail

Regarding Post # 5, sending Paypal as a gift, this may be a good time for everyone to revisit the below thread in order to avoid at least one pitfall in the future.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ht=paypal+gift

Mike jackitout7@aol.com