Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

bobby thompson jersey on uni watch

Did anyone read the article about Bobby Thompson's jersey on the Uni Watch web site. Very interesting.

pete

Re: bobby thompson jersey on uni watch

Fascinating story. Reminds me of the Sid Luckman jersey that surfaced a couple of years ago. Instances of historically significant items finding their way to the surface after being hidden for decades never cease to amaze me.
    Love reading stories like that.

It is a great story and an inspiring one for young collectors.

Collect what you love, pay what you think it is worth and try to never insult someone with a ridiculous offer. Do your homework and show respect to the buyer or seller while being honest and your collection will grow just as you will as a person and a gentleman.

I can only wonder how absolutely amazing Mr. Scheinman's collection is! We all know what a quality auction house REA is and how they react to questionable items, so it is no surprise that the shirt was obtained thru him.

These are the kinds of threads I joined the GUU forum for. There has been a rash of mindless ramblings, complete with poor grammer, incorrect spellings and downright incomprehensible statements, that has made the forum a bit strange lately. I applaud dcgreg, our moderator for appropriately closing threads that have essentially become rather worthless and off topic over the past few months.

I am by no means singling out anyone but there seems to be a small number of members who will post something on nearly every thread and yet contribute nothing to the thread itself.

It is a free country but, as Greg stated, this forum is to bring collectors together, to educate each other and to allow us to share our collections and collecting experiences. Over the last few months I have noticed a "lack of maturity" on some of our junior and even senior members posts.

I really like GUU and love contributing whatever knowledge I can to fellow collectors. I also enjoy seeing what we all are buying, selling, winning and trading for. It is an inspiration, as is the collection of Mr. Scheinman, to expand and make my collection the best it can be.

Lets not screw up a good thing with pointless drivel!!! The threads are meant to be fun, informative and a good way to share our collections and lets keep it that way.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer. Always payign a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

PS-I sure hope that the RT shirt IS THE ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post

Collect what you love, pay what you think it is worth and try to never insult someone with a ridiculous offer. Do your homework and show respect to the buyer or seller while being honest and your collection will grow just as you will as a person and a gentleman.

I can only wonder how absolutely amazing Mr. Scheinman's collection is! We all know what a quality auction house REA is and how they react to questionable items, so it is no surprise that the shirt was obtained thru him.

These are the kinds of threads I joined the GUU forum for. There has been a rash of mindless ramblings, complete with poor grammer, incorrect spellings and downright incomprehensible statements, that has made the forum a bit strange lately. I applaud dcgreg, our moderator for appropriately closing threads that have essentially become rather worthless and off topic over the past few months.

I am by no means singling out anyone but there seems to be a small number of members who will post something on nearly every thread and yet contribute nothing to the thread itself.

It is a free country but, as Greg stated, this forum is to bring collectors together, to educate each other and to allow us to share our collections and collecting experiences. Over the last few months I have noticed a "lack of maturity" on some of our junior and even senior members posts.

I really like GUU and love contributing whatever knowledge I can to fellow collectors. I also enjoy seeing what we all are buying, selling, winning and trading for. It is an inspiration, as is the collection of Mr. Scheinman, to expand and make my collection the best it can be.

Lets not screw up a good thing with pointless drivel!!! The threads are meant to be fun, informative and a good way to share our collections and lets keep it that way.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer. Always payign a finders fee.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Paul: Well said.
    -Guy

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Amen! I wholeheartedly 'second' that !

There is a reason i spend a lot less time on the network 54 site than i used to. It seems to have become a beat down on folks asking questions.

Great comments

pete

I second the great comments below.

Here's a link to the story in case anyone new is looking...

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/...on-shot-jersey
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Wow. Read this thread and found the thread to the story about the ball. Downloaded Miracle Ball on the Kindle yesterday evening and finished it this morning. An awesome read and a well researchedinvestigation as to what happened to the ball.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com