Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

does anyone still collect pennants

I recently started a thread about finding my old baseball cards. In addition to that, I also found my old pennant collection. Included in the bunch were a 1973 A's championship and 1978 yankees bi-centennial, both aquired by my father those seasons and later handed down to me. I love the style of the old pennants. It beats a foam finger any day of the week but it seems like another nearly defunct collectible. Am I the only one who appreciates these great collectibles.

Re: does anyone still collect pennants

I have several vintage pennants. Specifically big red machine era pennants. They display well and remind me of when I first started going to games!

No you are not alone! I love old pennants! They remind me when I was a child and would get one when I went to a St Louis Cardinals game with my father. I also love the old team logos and the history they represent. Over the few years I have put together a nice collection of Cardinals pennants some dating to the 30's. Some of my favorite are from the Cardinals World Series during the 60's. My favorite has to be my 42 World Series with all the Cardinals players name on it. paul

I still like pennants. They can really add to a sports room.