Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: The Jersey Rules

I'm glad Rick Reilly put the exception in there for women. I own a lot of non-gamers and I enjoy wearing them to sporting events.

Jersey Waiver A: By wearing a jersey, you are waiving your rights to any sexual activity for the evening. No woman in history has ever said, "Oooh, that guy wearing the jersey of another man! That's hot!"

Has a single dude ever met a woman, while wearing a jersey? Fellas, stick to solid color T's and khakis.

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Jersey Waiver A: By wearing a jersey, you are waiving your rights to any sexual activity for the evening. No woman in history has ever said, "Oooh, that guy wearing the jersey of another man! That's hot!"

Has a single dude ever met a woman, while wearing a jersey? Fellas, stick to solid color T's and khakis.

Thanks, but I refuse to follow rules that are adhered to by pompous, uptight middle to upper class bozo's.

I'm 37 and enjoy wearing the occassional jersey. Mostly old school throwbacks from teams of my youth. I will agree with the undershirt rule. No self respecting grown man should ever leave his house with unsightly fat or nipples popping out from any article of clothing.

I'll continue to wear and enjoy my M&N Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Tom Seaver and other jerseys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post

I actually thought this was another typical article from Reilly...which is not saying all that much. There was a time in the early 2000s when many musical acts wore jerseys (esp. Mitchell & Ness) that it was actually a trend to wear jerseys. I did then myself simply because I could get away with wearing my authentic jersey and not face public ridicule!

Oh yeah, dated plenty and wore jerseys all the time, including when I dated my now wife of eight years . Reilly is clueless. I know it was tongue and cheek, but still. Anyway, they were retired years ago by me. I think outside of the Super Bowl and maybe a signing years ago I cannot remember the last time I wore one.

So maybe he does have a point...nah!

Quote Originally Posted by Titans74 View Post
    Thanks, but I refuse to follow rules that are adhered to by pompous, uptight middle to upper class bozo's.

I'm 37 and enjoy wearing the occassional jersey. Mostly old school throwbacks from teams of my youth. I will agree with the undershirt rule. No self respecting grown man should ever leave his house with unsightly fat or nipples popping out from any article of clothing.

I'll continue to wear and enjoy my M&N Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Bo Jackson, Tom Seaver and other jerseys.
    One of the two I still own is a M&N of my child hood idol, Franco Harris. The other I own is a Bettis, which now is rare and hopefully one day he will join Franco as a HOFer.

I'm 41, fat and wore a hat...so I broke more than a few of the rules but here's why:

[FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif']http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18870083[/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Century Gothic','sans-serif'][/FONT]

Here I am in 1992. The women LOVED me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Reilly can kiss my jersey clad booty. Sheeple who can't stop themselves from telling other people what to do, think or wear are just showing their self loathing.

Maybe if more people listened to themselves and weren't just doing what everyone else does, the peer pressure infused boring landscape would change.

I have worn jerseys for 20 years. Picked up 2 ex gfs and a wife wearing one. Then again, I don't depend on others opinions of me to see my self worth. I'm a rebel, I know.

Whenever I hear people discussing other people's business my response is the same. Grow up, get out of high school and concentrate on your own foibles. Plenty enough to keep you busy there.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com