Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: What Did Everyone Think of the Movie Moneyball?

Good article about the history of the movie.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/04/oa...ll-production/

Banned

Thumbs up Re: What Did Everyone Think of the Movie Moneyball?

No intention of going to see the movie whatsoever...I have no desire to put my hard-earned money in Brad Pitt's pocket (those who know me well will know why I said that).

Dave Miedema

I saw it a few weeks ago at and private screening, and thought it was really good. There is a lot of parts in it that a non baseball fan wouldnt understand, but I really liked it. Much better than I expected. And nice little touch that Billy Beane and Eric Chavez both went to my high school, so seeing a young Beane in my high school colors was fun.

Even as a huge fan of baseball/sports movies, I have zero interest in ever watching this film.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    No intention of going to see the movie whatsoever...I have no desire to put my hard-earned money in Brad Pitt's pocket (those who know me well will know why I said that).

Dave Miedema
    Dave...is it because of his politics or because Jolie was once your gal and he stole her from you ?
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

I went last night. I really didn't pay much attention to the movie, because I was too excited about my out-fit. I was sporting an A's authentic replica, complete with pants, stirrups and white cleats. It was a bit nippy, so I threw on my A's Starter. My wife seemed jealous because of all the looks I was getting from the ladies. This one girl's boyfriend asked me what I was drinking or smoking. He was just jealous. He's obviously a hater.
    Overall, the movie was awesome with a capitol "A".

I felt like the movie didn't live up to expectations. Brad Pitt is an outstanding actor and he played the part with a likeness to Beane that most of the Hollywood elite couldn't. With that said, the plot lacked excitement for a baseball movie. If the best part of the baseball portion of the movie to highlight is the 20 game winning streak, maybe it's a team and subject not worth making a movie about in the first place.

I feel terrible for Art Howe. Although I don't know the man, the movie made it seem like he's a malcontent and a bored, tired old man. Hoffman might not have been the best actor to play the part. Since when is Art fat? Also, every time I hear Jonah Hill talk I think of Super Bad. He's just not the most believable fit for the role.

Overall, I give it a B

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I went last night. I really didn't pay much attention to the movie, because I was too excited about my out-fit. I was sporting an A's authentic replica, complete with pants, stirrups and white cleats. It was a bit nippy, so I threw on my A's Starter. My wife seemed jealous because of all the looks I was getting from the ladies. This one girl's boyfriend asked me what I was drinking or smoking. He was just jealous. He's obviously a hater.
    Overall, the movie was awesome with a capitol "A".
    You are nowhere near as clever as you think you are.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Wink Re: What Did Everyone Think of the Movie Moneyball?

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Dave...is it because of his politics or because Jolie was once your gal and he stole her from you ?

Chris:

If I tell you that the reason I'm not going to see Moneyball is the same reason I refuse to see 98% of the Hollywood productions out there, I'm sure you'll guess the answer.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    This thread was not started to discuss Brad Pitt outside the movie.

Dave if you saw this film and didn't know jack about Brad Pitt, you would leave the theater feeling you enjoyed the movie.

In fact, I'll make you a deal - Take your wife to the movie and email me a receipt from the box office with the price your paid and I'll pay for the tickets to see the movie. My treat for you and your wife.

How can you refuse that offer?