Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

What Did Everyone Think of the Movie Moneyball?

Just saw it last night.

For any baseball fan, this movie is really an interesting story and look into The Major Leagues behind the scenes that many of us will never experience.

A 94% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes is a fair rating - The movie is great!

Re: What Did Everyone Think of the Movie Moneyball?

My wife and I really enjoyed it, and will probably see it again. The baseball detail could only have been put together by a real fan; presumably Brad Pitt himself, since I understand he's the producer as well as star. I was impressed by his skill in acting here. I'm used to the "tough guy" stereotype approach (eg in "Troy"). But in this movie he modifies that to a candid and get-to-the-point, but likable and complex persona.

I was also surprised by the movie's frank depiction of current baseball people by name. Those depictions are not always favorable, and neither are the reviews of the "Moneyball" theory in practice. As a collector, I was noting that all the baseball offices shown had baseballs ( probably g-u) on the shelves.

I prefer to watch a Rays game to see the real "moneyball", it is cheaper, more accurate and a better storyline.

the shots of Billy's office in the movie were taken at Oakland Coliseum inside an office there so that would explain the baseballs.

As an A's fan I have been anxiously awaiting this movie and I found it to be great. I took my son to the movie and he was only 3-4 months old at the time of the 20 game streak and his eyes lit up when I told him he was at several of those games.

I read that Pitt wasn't a fan of the sport in HS, or at least he wasn't good at it.

If you you look at the fans, clearly you can like a sport and not be good at it.

I really liked the movie. The details aren't completely accurate but I would recommend it as a great baseball film.
    I collect items from baseball players that attended Lewis-Clark State College: Marvin Benard, Vic Darensbourg, Steve Decker, Tom Edens, Jason Ellison, Anthony Ferrari, Carlos Fisher, John Foster, Keith Foulke, Sean Halton, Blaine Hardy, Bucky Jacobsen, Chris Mabeus, Steve Reed, Brendan Ryan, Chris Schwinden, and Frank Williams. http://www.lcscbaseballhof.com
    or awbenish@gmail.com or http://www.lcscbaseballblog.com

I would like to see the movie. Also, I read that Brad Pitt does not follow sports. He wasnt sure why he was chosen to do this movie, but hey, it paid some bills...lol
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

I enjoyed it very much.
    I usually don't like flashbacks in films, but they worked pretty well in the movie as it's just as much about Billy Beane as it is about the business of baseball

I would have liked a little more attention to the great pitching staff Oakland had in 2002, as pitching was every much a factor in their success, but all in all, very good with no saccharine-laced romanticism (similar to Sayles' great Eight Men Out)

Did the uniforms look authentic? They look good in the trailers I saw.

Anyone remember the movie with DeNiro called "the Fan?" That was the worst baseball movie I ever saw. The uniforms were a complete mess...for example, the pitcher would be in a Rockies home jersey, and the catcher in a road jersey...then outfielders would suddenly be in different jerseys, and SF would be wearing road jerseys in a home game.