Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: October Pickups

October Pickups

Had to try to put a 2011 Brewers set together, no better time than now. All are 2011 MLB authenticated gamers. Already had the Nyjer, Lucroy, and Magehee autographed in person. Just need the 3-4-5 guys( Braun, Fielder, and Weeks) for a starting lineup, no easy or cheap task.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: October Pickups

Got my white whale yesterday. Mr Hamilton gave my boys one of his bats ... and even signed it. We didn't realize just HOW special this bat was, even though they were told it a "special gift". When we got home, my oldest immediately starting searching for pics to photomatch it (I don't know WHERE he gets that from) lol. Anyway, we matched it....to Game 2 Inning 6 of the 2010 WORLD SERIES!!!

Kyle put together a couple of pics for me and we're still working on a comparison pic for the front of the bat.

There are numerous matches on the front of the barrell, but I'm having a tough time getting the angle right in the pic. This is definitely my white whale!

ncb
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

I know that is the postseason and all but it is ALSO football season. My Yankees are on another inevitable trip to the WS anyway so I dont know what all the fuss is about!

To compete with all of the BB posts how about some new 49er pickups:

Jeff Fuller-mid to late 80s home gamer with at least 10-12 repairs.

What is funny about this jersey is that when I called Legendary and asked about the use they supposedly had the shirt in had and described it to me. I was told it had some minor hits and fraying and that it looked like it had been washed. Thats it! I even asked about repairs and was told there were NONE! I had a Fuller years ago but sold it. He was one of my favorite heavy hitters, just like Lott, plus he was #49 so I wanted the shirt even though it supposedly showed just "moderate" use.

Two weeks later and the jersey arrives and it is littered with repairs and show outstanding game use! I have no idea if they did not have the shirt in hand but it sure seemed as if they did as the auction guy had put me on hold to go get it and was able to answer questions about the shirt that would have been hard to do just looking at an image. Weird.

Michael Carter mid 80s home with heavy use and added crotch-piece. If the length of the crotch-piece is an indication of anything else-ladies watch out! Very nice classic Russell 49ers gamer!

Michael Carter early 90s gamer. Check out the added Russell portion to the bottom of a Wilson gamer. At 6'2" and 285 he still was a monster! Remember he won an Olympic Silver medal in the shotput in 1984!

This shirt had NO nameplate and was sent to Ruberti's for restoration. The letters are perfect but the nameplate itself is not a perfect match. Still a nice job.

More pickups on page 2!

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer and paying a finders fee.

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ncbadges View Post
    Got my white whale yesterday. Mr Hamilton gave my boys one of his bats ... and even signed it. We didn't realize just HOW special this bat was, even though they were told it a "special gift". When we got home, my oldest immediately starting searching for pics to photomatch it (I don't know WHERE he gets that from) lol. Anyway, we matched it....to Game 2 Inning 6 of the 2010 WORLD SERIES!!!

Kyle put together a couple of pics for me and we're still working on a comparison pic for the front of the bat.

There are numerous matches on the front of the barrell, but I'm having a tough time getting the angle right in the pic. This is definitely my white whale!

ncb
    Awesome pick up
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Michael Carter mid 80s home with heavy use and added crotch-piece. If the length of the crotch-piece is an indication of anything else-ladies watch out! Very nice classic Russell 49ers gamer!
    LOL! Nice collection, Paul. My brother loves the Niners!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Page Two!

Sorry for the 2 spelling errors in the previous page but it is early here in Hawaii and this is the only time when my wife and 3 year old son are still sleeping. Thus I can post and look at GUU to my heart's content!

Some 1994 49er gamers:

Gary Plummer home non throwback-nice use

Ricky Watters home non throwback-nice use and worn vs. Raiders

Bryant Young home non throwback-nice use and worn vs. Eagles

Ricky Watters 2000 Seattle Seahawks home gamer with lots of use, customizations and 25th patch.

Jerry Rice 2002 game worn Raiders gloves signed with added "2002 gamer". Both gloves have Rice's hologram with an 80 in it-pretty cool!

Always buying 49er and related gamers and ANY 1994 49er GU jersey. Paying up to a 500$ finders fee for the right shirt!

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Picked this up off of Pat's website.

In honor of the boston DEADsox:

Few Jones bats, gotta love TAR: