Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anyone received any 9/11 items?

curious to see what you guys have gotten from the 9/11 games wether its through JO without the patch (takes away from the specialty of the jersey in my opinion but understand why they took it off) or if you won it straight from nfl auctions.

Re: Has anyone received any 9/11 items?

So why did they take off the patch? I just won the Vincent Jackson on the NFL Auctions website. I paid too much but I really wanted one of those jerseys with the patch.

Congratulations on the VJ....I actually thought that the Jackson was one of the steals last night.....it was one of the few Jerseys that JO Sports was not bidding on. They were bidding hard and fast on many of the others with the patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Congratulations on the VJ....I actually thought that the Jackson was one of the steals last night.....it was one of the few Jerseys that JO Sports was not bidding on. They were bidding hard and fast on many of the others with the patches.
    Facts like this make me question Jo Sports integrity and authenticity even more as they are also driving up prices. They should focus on the things they get directly from teams and not try to get things from a second hand source.

I tried to get one of the Steelers jerseys that ended last night, but to no avail. They went for close to $10,000 each. There appears to be a bidder out there who will outbid you on Steelers items at all costs. His ID is Penguin. He spent close to 20k on the Heath Miller and Daurkice Pouncey jerseys. Way overpriced IMO even with the tax shield, but I still wanted one. Congrats to him, I guess <grouse> <grouse> LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Not to take this off topic but I was looking at a few of the jerseys that ended last night and coudid not see any easily identifiable bidders as JO Sports. I did not look at all the jerseys but which bidder ID is JO Sports?

The JO bidding has been going on for awhile.

Just looking at their bidding habits it seems they are more interested in driving up prices than they are winning items.

If you have "team" contracts why are you bidding on NFL auctions? doesnt seem very ethical, but then again is anything in this hobby?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Please provide specific evidence of their bidding habits including the bidding ID so members can reach their own conclusions. While the information about them bidding on jerseys is certainly relevant to collectors, making blanket statements without specific evidence makes it look like a witch hunt. Further comments simply piling on JO Sports will be deleted. Please provide some concrete examples. We are all entitled to our own opinions on certain groups (and I certainly have mine) but information is what helps to improve the hobby.

Banned

I am guessing JO is Jersey2112? Regardless I don't see anything wrong with them bidding. They don't have contracts with every team and any company has the right to acquire new products to try to resell for more money. Alot of people bid to drive up prices. Several members have admitted in past forum posts that they bid on items on NFL Auctions that are similar to items they already own not to win them but to ensure that they sell for a good price to preserve the value of their similar item.

I'd also like to know what usernames that people know(or think) are JO Sports Co bidding?

As far as "bidding up items", how do exactly do this? There comes a point where an item becomes yours if you bid too high, no? And you have no idea how much the previous person entered at their high bid...so I guess you're playing a game of "auction chicken"...? I don't understand the concept...