Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware of Dustin Pedroia Old Hickory Game Used Bat 2009 MLB Auth/Steiner on ebay.

A fellow collector asked me to look at this Dustin Pedroia bat on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dustin-Pedro...#ht_500wt_1268

I checked MLB tv and looked at every at bat of Pedroia on 8/23/09 vs. Yankees and you can clearly see he used a LVS M9 bat for every plate appearance.

On that same game, Jason Bay was using an exact Old Hickory bat with white taped handle, Pedroia was never a Old Hickory user and I'm confident the bat Jason Bay was using was a Dustin Pedroia Old Hickory model. I contacted the seller and just wanted to pass this on to Pedroia collectors.

Thanks,
    Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Beware of Dustin Pedroia Old Hickory Game Used Bat 2009 MLB Auth/Steiner on ebay.

I was contacted by the seller and the item was taken down immediately and he will be taking directly to Steiner to get a refund.

Thanks,
    Bobby

Re: Beware of Dustin Pedroia Old Hickory Game Used Bat 2009 MLB Auth/Steiner on ebay.

Good job Bobby, crazy detective work... Too bad for the seller, wonder if Steiner will give a refund? It should be their responsibility to do so, but I can imagine it might not be easy (especially on a high end bat).

Kinda scary that the MLB holo was off in this case. Guess you can't even trust that!

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    Kinda scary that the MLB holo was off in this case. Guess you can't even trust that!
    I questioned a bat that was listed in the database as a "Todd Helton Game Used Baseball Bat" because I checked MLB.TV and it didn't look like Helton used the bat in the game that was referenced. MLB Authentication responded, "We have talked with the authenticator and they have confirmed that the only info they have was that the bat was a Todd Helton model bat. They had no list of who used it."

I wanted to give everyone an update on my dealings with Steiner. I contacted Steiner to explain that this item was mis-labeled by MLB and requested a full refund. Kevin from Steiner was very accomidating and understanding. I shipped the bat back and within 15 days, had a 90% refund. No explanation was given as to the amount of the refund. I felt satisfied and decided to quit while I was ahead.

Thank you to my friend Bobby for bringing this to my attention. Who would have thought that an item authenticated by MLB would have been so inaccurate! Again, thanks to Bobby, as I would never want to sell anything to anyone that is not 100% authentic. He is the best and I urge everyone to watch and learn from his posts.

Sincerely,

JP

Bobby,

Thanks for another truely outstanding contribution to the GUU website and collecting community. You are a very valuable member here and it's nice to know we have people like you looking out for us. Great job!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by 419redsoxfan32 View Post
    I wanted to give everyone an update on my dealings with Steiner. I contacted Steiner to explain that this item was mis-labeled by MLB and requested a full refund. Kevin from Steiner was very accomidating and understanding. I shipped the bat back and within 15 days, had a 90% refund. No explanation was given as to the amount of the refund. I felt satisfied and decided to quit while I was ahead.

Thank you to my friend Bobby for bringing this to my attention. Who would have thought that an item authenticated by MLB would have been so inaccurate! Again, thanks to Bobby, as I would never want to sell anything to anyone that is not 100% authentic. He is the best and I urge everyone to watch and learn from his posts.

Sincerely,

JP
    I'm glad it worked out to your liking, but I personally think refunding 90% is a little insulting.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I'm glad it worked out to your liking, but I personally think refunding 90% is a little insulting.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    Yeah, I would send another email asking why the total amount wasnt refunded
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

JP & Ken,

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's great to be a part of the GUU community where we all look out for each other best interests.

JP.......Glad to hear you worked things out with Steiner, I apologize for not coming to you directly, I had no idea that was your bat on eBay.

Thanks, Bobby

Banned

Re: Beware of Dustin Pedroia Old Hickory Game Used Bat 2009 MLB Auth/Steiner on eBay.

I'm with the others here.

90% refund when you proved they had a misrepresented item?

There is no restocking fees when an error is made, even by who Steiner bought the item from.

I'd dispute my credit card for the full refund to be applied.