So I sold a two-tone game issued bat to a person and it happened to be a LVS two-tone bat so it originally has the little colored tape around the two-tone border towards the middle area of the bat.

It was a bat I liked alot and after a few months, I came into some money and decided to check if the buyer would be willing to sell the bat back. I explained that I missed the bat and would be willing to pay more for it to get it back. I end up offering alot more than he paid for it.

So we work it out and I pay and he ships the bat. Well, I get the bat and the colored tape has been removed. So I contact the seller upset and asking for my money back as the bat is not in the condition I left it, and that was what I expected.

He said too bad. He thinks it is not altered in any way (he said it looks better this way?) and he thinks it was ok for him not to mention that he removed the tape before finalizing the deal.
If he would have mentioned that he did that, I would have rescinded my offer because the bat had been altered by an outside source other than the player.

I have tried to plead my case to him and he just isn't having it. So I am curious what your thoughts are? I feel like I have been wronged and he feels like I'm in the wrong...