Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yanks go down!

yanks go down!

Two years in a row a rod strikes out in the division series for the final out.
    A rod with a strike out. Sounds great.
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool:

Re: yanks go down!

Nothing we could do. Put up a fight but the Yankees beat themselves, not the Tigers. I think mlb really needs to look into these umps. Strike zones were horrible and different for each team.

Correction, last year arod struck out to end the ALCS!

Congrats to the tigers, glad we had a shot, many teams did not (cough, sox)

Also agree about the strike zones, saw way too many balls in the other batters box called strikes. why do i feel like a cubs fan.....maybe next year!

Happy for the Detroit fans, even though grew up rooting for the Yankees.

At least one thing I can look forward to sooner now is seeing what items Steiner may get from the Yankees (hint hint to a certain rep I have inquired about specific items ...just kidding)
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Let's face it

The Yanks have gotten old and need to rebuild, good luck to who tells Posada, Jeter, and A-Rod that their time has come???

Jason

As much as I always enjoy watching the Yankees get eliminated during the playoffs, I was actually kind of hoping they would hang on for awhile this year, seeing as the Diamondbacks are still in it - keep the chances for a 10-year World Series reunion between the two teams alive. That would have been awesome, to say the least.

When I'm sitting up in the third deck, and I can see that a ball is a good six to eight inches off the plate, and Joe West, four feet away from the action, can't - something is very wrong. Some kind of serious QA program needs to be put into effect by the Commissioner. I don't care if you've been an MLB umpire for thirty years, I don't care if your daddy and granddaddy were umpires, I don't really give a shit if you play golf with Senators and rock stars - if you can't (or won't) do the job, you're gone.

Banned

Wink Re: yanks go down!

That gagging sound you hear is coming from the Mothership's executive offices in Bristol, CT, as the suits and show hosts at the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network come to grips that they have only one team of chosen favorites left to roll out the hype machine on behalf of in the World Series. Maybe the Cardinals can make it a big ZERO tonight.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    That gagging sound you hear is coming from the Mothership's executive offices in Bristol, CT, as the suits and show hosts at the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network come to grips that they have only one team of chosen favorites left to roll out the hype machine on behalf of in the World Series. Maybe the Cardinals can make it a big ZERO tonight.

Dave Miedema
    Very Well Said Dave!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I think mlb really needs to look into these umps. Strike zones were horrible and different for each team.
    I lost all faith in Umpires the first time I watched a game online at mlb.com, espn.com or braves.com. Watch Pitchtrax on Gamecast on any of these sites and you will see PROOF that strikezones are 100% subjective, wrong 40 times out of 100 and biased towards certain teams. Frankly, when I saw documented proof that the game's outcome is controlled by anything other than the players EVERY GAME, I lost interest in the sport.

I used to laugh at myself, imagining I was like every other fan who thought the refs were biased against my team. It was all part of being a loyal fan and all in jest until I realized....it's true.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

I enjoyed the Yankees losing. It's tough being a mid-market team competing against teams with HUGE payrolls. I didn't see any issue at all with the strike zone last night.