Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Bryce the phenom, maybe not.....

If you guys think Harper is the only player, especially teenage player, to come in with an attitude then you really don't know that much about baseball history.

Even the beloved Bob Feller (one of my favorite by the way) told the scout that he was the best he would ever see. He said that he would put more people in the stands than Babe Ruth.
    He was 17 at the time, acting like a 17 year old.

Satchel Paige was the king of smack talk and was never ashamed to talk about how great he was.

I hope Harper never puts his head down and acts the way others want him to.
    I bet that if Harper signed with the haters favorite team and did become great the attitudes would be different.

I wouldn't care which team he played for, mine included. I just don't care for the kid. I don't "hate" anyone, especially just some athlete. I just don't care for him and feel in the grand scheme of things he is and will be just another player who never lives up to the hype. Ala Delmon Young.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Keep the politics and religion talk for the politics and religion blogs. Some of you have been warned before. I deleted 17 posts with no substance. Actually many of the others just seem to attack Bryce Harper's personality. We don't even allow personal attacks on other Forum members and I didn't delete those since Bryce isn't a Forum member.

I have met Bryce many times and he was very kind to my children which I was very appreciative of. He is still a teenager, keep that in mind.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I wanted to share these pictures of Bryce with 2 of my children in 2010.

Name:  bryce_harper_2010.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  18.1 KB

Name:  bryce_harper_2010a.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  18.7 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Keep the politics and religion talk for the politics and religion blogs. Some of you have been warned before. I deleted 17 posts with no substance. Actually many of the others just seem to attack Bryce Harper's personality. We don't even allow personal attacks on other Forum members and I didn't delete those since Bryce isn't a Forum member.

I have met Bryce many times and he was very kind to my children which I was very appreciative of. He is still a teenager, keep that in mind.

Biased much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Quote Originally Posted by Titans74 View Post
    Biased much?
    Sure I am. It doesn't change my statement in the 1st paragraph.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I'm delighted to hear that political content's been deleted. Like many independents, I deplore the lack of respect that persons at both political extremes have for each other. We'll keep a positive focus here if we stay on topic. (And feel free to delete my post, as my second sentence is the only political statement I'll ever make on this forum.)

One of the best quores about young ballplayers ever. As manager Casey Stengel once put it so eloquently, when asked about his team's poor performance: "Our phenoms ain't phenomenating!"

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Banned

Titans,
    Your sig line is so strange. You blast Harper and yet you are looking for R. Palmerio items. That has to be the most confusing thing I have ever read on here.

Titans sig line :
    "$$$ Top dollar paid for R. Palmeiro 1996-1998, 2004-2005 Orioles game used photomatched iems. Will pay RIDICULOUS prices for the right item.

Bryce Harper = ML BUST! Poor attitude. Should he investigated for steroids."

I think the general consensus here is that Bryce has a crappy attitude, Raffy was always nice whenever I saw him. I scored dozens of graphs from him during his playing days (pretty much every time I asked he signed for me) and he also gave me a bat once just because I congratulated him on his 500 HR.

bad attitudes generally lead to people wanting you to fail and rooting against you.

Steroids or not you cannot call Raffy a ML bust, he had a great career in an era where its pretty well known at this point damn near everyone was doing it so you had to do it to even the playing field.

I used to be very vocal agains the steroid users but have just come to a point where I accept it for what it is, a black mark on the history of the game that hopefully has been cleaned up at this point. Steroid users will suffer due to that era and some players who may not have used may also suffer. The only people I really have issues with are people with bad attitudes and flat denial despite the mountains of evidence against them (Bonds, Clemens)