Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Chicago Tribune JOSports Article

I thought the Giants released a statement saying that their contract was immediately terminated, yet JO still has all their Giants stuff up for sale on the site?

Does anyone have any more info on that, or a follow up to the Ravens initial response?

a friend of mine wants to buy some Denver Broncos game items from last season but now is tentative after reading this article. since they had a direct partnership with JO last season, all the items, even game issued ones, should be legit, right? I want to give him a peace of mind so he can go about the purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    I thought the Giants released a statement saying that their contract was immediately terminated, yet JO still has all their Giants stuff up for sale on the site?

Does anyone have any more info on that, or a follow up to the Ravens initial response?
    From the article, it seems that the Giants are trying to take legal action to stop JO from using the images of the Giants items that they still have. However, JO owns them now and has the right to sell them.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Banned

Just to correct something Bulbus said. JO and companies like them do buy the items from the teams they partner with and ordinarily would have the right to resell them as they choose even if the contract is terminated and no future items are sold to them. However, the contract may give the team the right to repurchase all the remaining items at a certain price in the event that the team terminates the contract. This would protect the team if the former partner did something so egregious that the team did not want any of their stuff being publicly marketed and sold by such entity. Since none of us have seen the agreement or the legal papers it is mere speculation to speak as to what the Giants action entails.

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    ...the Giants are trying to take legal action to stop JO from using the images of the Giants items that they still have...
    So, how would a internet based company sell jerseys of a particular team w/o being able to use pics, or other means of advertising the team inventory they possess?

Interesting thought.

That would kind of touch on what Legal mentioned above... What is to become of the inventory? Does the team have rights to it, or is it JO's regardless? Sure would be nice to see the fine print on that letter...

Another thought here, are the Feds taking any of their inventory in as evidence, I wonder? I know the case was from, what, '03-'08 (before the website)? But what if there is more to the story then just those years? Would that put a target on the jerseys they currently own, or have sold over the past few years?

And yes, at this point it is all speculation...

Well written article. Still doesn't change my opinion and I would buy from JO any day of the week. As has been said, do your research and be your own authenticator. KNOW what you are buying, don't just blindly buy " 'cause some company says so".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Has anyone purchased anything from JO during their team partnership that has come into question? Like a game worn jersey with the team's letter but no evidence of photo matching?

Now that this is over I can talk about this a bit more and hopefully give a tip t someone. Now keep in mind this is one company that people are still saying is ok. My cousin asked me not to post which company (he thinks they will go after him lol) but I think you can figure it out.

My cousin was trying to get his money back on a several Jerseys he bought a few months back from one of these clowns in question, as soon as he got these jerseys he was saying they looked too new (before this story hit). When he called the company recently to ask a few questions they very professionally hung up on him several times saying they do not care if the item shows no game use (RB who ran for 125+ yards with no hit marks, no dirt or grass and looks never washed). They inform him they now only give refunds on rare occasions mostly only to clients they "know".

Lucky for him he bought them with American Express they just reversed the charge for him this morning. I would suggest if you have any doubts you do the same or make future purchases with an American Express they have your back more than one of these shady companies.

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    ....RB who ran for 125+ yards with no hit marks, no dirt or grass and looks never washed...
    If at all, would it be possible to get a couple of pics of the jersey(s) to verify the claim?

I think it may be useful, and can help others know what to look out for when buying from ANY company.

We don't need to see the nameplate(s), or tagging, etc. Just some pics of where typical use would be found, i.e. numbers, shoulders.

That will provide us with some detail, and verification w/o pointing fingers at any particular "company", if that's what your 'cousin' is worried about...

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    If at all, would it be possible to get a couple of pics of the jersey(s) to verify the claim?

I think it may be useful, and can help others know what to look out for when buying from ANY company.

We don't need to see the nameplate(s), or tagging, etc. Just some pics of where typical use would be found, i.e. numbers, shoulders.

That will provide us with some detail, and verification w/o pointing fingers at any particular "company", if that's what your 'cousin' is worried about...
    I agree, I asked him today to let me take some pictures. And he said he sent the jerseys to american express who asked for them so they can file a report, he didn't want to be a crook like them and get the jerseys and cash.

I know he has pictures of this on his computer but he wont budge and send them. He says he got his money back and its over, I explained that now that he sent them back they can resurface and this would help ID them. He didnt care and was angry I even posted his story.