Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bryce the phenom, maybe not.....

whopping 0 for 13 to start this AFL season. The saddest part is that IMO the pitching is weak this year. There have been some crazy scores the first week.

Banned

Re: Bryce the phenom, maybe not.....

Its 13 at bats lets give the kid a couple of weeks before we write him off. It could be fatigue is starting to set in. He has probably never played as many games as he has this year.

I remember Mets youngster Nick Evans starting off this year terribly. He was up and down from the minors to the majors from May through July and was 0 for his 1st 15 or 16 at bats. By July 7, he was hitting .000. He then began collecting a few odd hits but 1 month later, on August 6th, he was hitting in the .140s. Fast forward 3 weeks, and he was on .300 by the end of August.

Same thing happened with Lucas Duda. As a part-time player, he batted .292 with 10 HRs and 50 RBIs for the Mets this season in 100 games/301 at bats. After his first 42 at bats this season, he was batting .143 with no home runs and 4 RBIs.

Give this kid another few weeks... Some of the newer guys are slow starters.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

I agree that there needs to be more time to see him play before jumping to conclusions that he's a fail.

Everyone needs to remember how much this kid has been through this year. It's his first year as a pro....he's probably never played this much baseball in his life, so you know he has to be tired right now.

If you haven't been mired in an 0 for 13 slump, odds are you haven't played pro ball. Bryce will figure things out; he's got all the talent in the world.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

FYI guys it was said in jest. I know he will come around eventually. If anything its good that he is finally starting to struggle a little. He needs to be humbled a bit and learn to get himself out of a slump and emotionally get through it.

Give the kid some time.He is going to be really good I think.

In case anyone missed it, below are Harper's final 2011 Arizona Fall League stats. Looks like he did alright! He hit .333 (31 for 93) with 14 extra base hits (6 homers), 26 RBI, 17 runs scored, .400 OBP and .634 slugging pct. (1.034 OPS.)

In his last 10 games, he hit .427 with a .487 OBP and .743 slugging pct. (1.230 OPS). Nats fans are pleased!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League jerseys, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and any Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game used items.

yeah I meant to find this thread a few weeks back and update it, he tore it up the last few weeks, too bad he still has his douchy attitude

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post
    yeah I meant to find this thread a few weeks back and update it, he tore it up the last few weeks, too bad he still has his douchy attitude

Douche attitude to go along with that steroid jaw. Kid is just another overrated, over hyped prospect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."