Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Worn Walter Payton Jersey???

Does this seem legit to you guys??? Any experience with this company??

http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDet...ed-Road-Jersey

Re: Game Worn Walter Payton Jersey???

If it has the blessing of Grey Flannel, it is the real deal. Grey Flannel have been commissioned to sell the personal collections of several former payers including Mantle and Maris. They are the best!

A Grey Flannel letter and 2$ will get you on the subway! Just because any item has a GF letter does not mean that it is authentic. I cannot tell you how often I have seen items in their auctions that are complete junk. On the other hand they have some very nice items as well. It goes back to doing one's homework and researching the jersey before bidding.

Mile High, from my experience, does NOT have a good reputation! They had a 94 Jerry Rice away gamer up for auction a while back that was so obviously fake it was laughable! I contacted them and they never responded nor did they pull it. It eventually sold for over 2500$. There is a thread about it on GUU in the auction section.

I am interested in the Jim Harbaugh Colts gamer they have so I started looking at Getty last night and have not come up with a match although it is a style match. I am gonna start a thread regarding the shirt today.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee as well

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Game Worn Walter Payton Jersey???

It wouldn't be a 1985 if it's legit...that style of Wilson tag didn't appear until the following year. Amazing how any Bears jersey of a Super Bowl 20 player, regardless of identifying features, "magically" becomes a 1985 jersey when offered for public sale.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Not to mention that wilson tag looks pretty "vibrant in color" for being 26 years old and worn by Payton.

Paul, how do u keep up with all these auctions!? Please let me know if u come accross any Deion or Falcons gamers!

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    A Grey Flannel letter and 2$ will get you on the subway! Just because any item has a GF letter does not mean that it is authentic. I cannot tell you how often I have seen items in their auctions that are complete junk. On the other hand they have some very nice items as well. It goes back to doing one's homework and researching the jersey before bidding.

Mile High, from my experience, does NOT have a good reputation! They had a 94 Jerry Rice away gamer up for auction a while back that was so obviously fake it was laughable! I contacted them and they never responded nor did they pull it. It eventually sold for over 2500$. There is a thread about it on GUU in the auction section.

I am interested in the Jim Harbaugh Colts gamer they have so I started looking at Getty last night and have not come up with a match although it is a style match. I am gonna start a thread regarding the shirt today.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ANY 1994 49er gamer! Paying a finders fee as well

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by trod3ks View Post
    If it has the blessing of Grey Flannel, it is the real deal. Grey Flannel have been commissioned to sell the personal collections of several former payers including Mantle and Maris. They are the best!
    Employed by GF? Sounds like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Mile High is a legitimate auction house, but their specialty is sportscards.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Game Worn Walter Payton Jersey???

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Mile High is a legitimate auction house, but their specialty is sportscards.
    Agreed. They're NOT inherently dishonest, but they seem to be way over their heads when it comes to game-used items, and, based on a couple of Forum posts, not real big in accepting outside help that conflicts with the opinions of their "experts".

Dave Miedema

Those plastic or "silk" tags weren't applied to Bears jerseys until 1987.

Overall, the jersey looks pretty clean to have been a Payton gamer. It's easy to fake "scuffs, hit marks" and "team repairs". What's not easy to duplicate is damage to the heat-pressed numbers and letters which you will see plenty of on any of the widely recognized Payton gamers that have traded hands over the years. The numbers on this example look pristine.