Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Why I need a chill-pill

Not a good month for me. First, my documented dispute with banned forum member XPFO (Extreme Pillow Fighting Organization). Now this...

I saw a Chan Ho Park Dodgers hat posted on GUU and jumped on it. Posted my commitment on the blog (within 20 minutes) and sent e-mail. Heard nothing.

Now the guy says he didn't get the e-mail and apparently didn't check the blog. I missed out on it. It doesn't seem fair -- but then life isn't. Other than that, things are fine. I think I'll study my Spanish for a while.

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net

Re: Why I need a chill-pill

Keep your chin up, Dave. It happens to all of us. There are those times where I come across something a day too late and miss out on a golden opportunity. Or don't have the money for a really cool item on eBay.

But then there are other times where I am in the right place at the right time. Where I wasn't going to go somewhere or do something, change my plans, and the right purchase just falls into my lap.

Collecting has its ups and downs. I hope you have more ups than downs.

Enjoy Spanish. I always have.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Reminds me of a couple months ago a game used Japan Series 2004 baseball (authenticated) was listed in the classifieds and I missed it. I emailed the seller knowing it was a long shot but asked if he had another. I got lucky and he did, but he said it would be a week or so before he got it so he would email me when he had it. I waited a little over 2 weeks and then emailed him asking about it, he responded that he had sent me multiple emails and I never responded and he had sold it to another buyer. I checked my spam box and sure enough all of his emails went to spam and I missed out. I don't know that I will ever come across another, those were the only two I have seen in years of collecting, but those are the breaks sometimes.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    Reminds me of a couple months ago a game used Japan Series 2004 baseball (authenticated) was listed in the classifieds and I missed it. I emailed the seller knowing it was a long shot but asked if he had another. I got lucky and he did, but he said it would be a week or so before he got it so he would email me when he had it. I waited a little over 2 weeks and then emailed him asking about it, he responded that he had sent me multiple emails and I never responded and he had sold it to another buyer. I checked my spam box and sure enough all of his emails went to spam and I missed out. I don't know that I will ever come across another, those were the only two I have seen in years of collecting, but those are the breaks sometimes.
    Russ -

What do you know about the availability of MLB hats with the Japan 2004 Series Patch on the side?

I'm guessing they weren't made available in the US... I have a SD one signed by Peavy (he won two games for the US Japan AS Series Team) and found a pic of Peavy pitching in style matched hat:

I've owned it for years but can't find any info on if they were ever made available in the states.

All the best -

Smitty