Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Albert Pujols Game Worn Glove with MLB hologram

I just noticed that the Rawlings first base mitt that Albert Pujols is using already has an MLB authentication sticker on the glove. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Albert Pujols Game Worn Glove with MLB hologram

No, but pretty cool, I've seen it on bats being used in game, but not feilding gloves.

Surprising to see his glove authenticated considering his bats a rarely if ever authenticated. The only ones I have seen authenticated were for his signature, not game use. Cool to see this though.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

When I was at the Angels-at-Rangers series in late August, one of the stadium stores had a jersey that was authenticated as having been worn by Darren Oliver in two different games: the 2010 World Series Game 3; and a regular season game in another month.

How is such double-authentication possible? Maybe Oliver had worn the jersey a second time, after the hologram had been applied. Then the authenticator added the second game to the database? Otherwise, it'd be impossible to keep up with the jersey's history.

Too bad we can't read the hologram number on Pujols' glove. It'd be interesting to keep track of it in the database.

It has been discussed on here before how players were using bats with holograms on them.

The seats in the old Yankee Stadium were hologramed before the season was over.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

I posted a few weeks back that Vlad Guerrero had one on his helmet. It strikes me as odd that they do this considering those MLB holos are so easily damaged, I've got some that are almost impossible to read from just being in storage nevermind going thru games stuck on a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by coxfan View Post
    When I was at the Angels-at-Rangers series in late August, one of the stadium stores had a jersey that was authenticated as having been worn by Darren Oliver in two different games: the 2010 World Series Game 3; and a regular season game in another month.

How is such double-authentication possible? Maybe Oliver had worn the jersey a second time, after the hologram had been applied. Then the authenticator added the second game to the database? Otherwise, it'd be impossible to keep up with the jersey's history.

Too bad we can't read the hologram number on Pujols' glove. It'd be interesting to keep track of it in the database.
    If its there, its true. The standards that MLB uses are incredibly high; a jersey may have been covertly marked in such a fashion that allowed it to be tracked by authenticators (uniquely among other jerseys) to the former use, the secondary date on the authentication could in theory have been secured by a second alternate covert mark, or just been the date the authenticator witnessed the jersey come off Oliver's back.

Obviously the limitations on such timeline authentications come from the bandwidth and detail orientation in keeping records of authenticators and others who make doing so possible. But one thing is clear, MLB does not authenticate to a particular use without 100% certainty. 99.9% confidence in certain use would not lead to an MLB authentication in the game used database.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I posted a few weeks back that Vlad Guerrero had one on his helmet. It strikes me as odd that they do this considering those MLB holos are so easily damaged, I've got some that are almost impossible to read from just being in storage nevermind going thru games stuck on a glove.
    I have a baseball that was sent to me loose in a large mailer that the numbers are nearly worn off on the MLB hologram.
    I wonder how long these holograms will last?

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I wonder how long these holograms will last?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I hope! LOL