Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Billy Goodman

Billy Goodman

A Co-worker Of Mine Is Looking At Purchasing An H&b 1950 To 1960 Labeling Period Billy Goodman Game Used Bat. He Is A Redsox Game Used Bat Collector (1980 To Present) But Not Really Sure Just What An Asking Price Would Be For Such A Bat. Could Anyone Help Him Out As To The Value Of Such A Goodman Bat?

Thanks,

Greg

Re: Billy Goodman

Hi Greg--

I would believe that a 1950-1960 Billy Goodman bat that matches factory shipping records would fall in the $300 to $400 range. Under $250 would be a very good deal for a Red Sox collector in my opinion.

For his information, During that period Goodman ordered H & B model O1 and O1S bats 99% of the time (approx 425 bats), generally 34 inches in length, occasionally 34 1/2 inches (with one order of 35 inches). Weight ranges were between 30 ounces and 34 ounces.

Other (rare) models shipped to Goodman during the timeframe included T97 (2 bats), W166 (3 bats) G104 (6 bats) , C12 (9 bats) , S44 (2 bats), M110 (2 bats), R46 (2 bats) and, I believe, L5 (blurry writing -- 2 bats).

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

I have many red sox bats from the 80s athat I am looking to sell or trade. Have him drop me a line at soxbats@aol.com

Jeff

Mike And Jeff,

I Sure Appreciate The Information Regarding The Billy Goodman Bat. My Co-worker, Bob, Has Contacted The Goodman Seller. Jeff, I Gave Bob Your Email Address And He Will Contact You About What Bats You Have. Thanks Again. This Is Why Game Used Forum Is Such A Valuable Resource.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by MSpecht View Post
    Hi Greg--

I would believe that a 1950-1960 Billy Goodman bat that matches factory shipping records would fall in the $300 to $400 range. Under $250 would be a very good deal for a Red Sox collector in my opinion.

For his information, During that period Goodman ordered H & B model O1 and O1S bats 99% of the time (approx 425 bats), generally 34 inches in length, occasionally 34 1/2 inches (with one order of 35 inches). Weight ranges were between 30 ounces and 34 ounces.

Other (rare) models shipped to Goodman during the timeframe included T97 (2 bats), W166 (3 bats) G104 (6 bats) , C12 (9 bats) , S44 (2 bats), M110 (2 bats), R46 (2 bats) and, I believe, L5 (blurry writing -- 2 bats).

Good Luck

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
    Mike,
    That was awesome the way you spit those facts out. Totally amazing! Any records for Jim Thome bats? Thanks, Roger

Hi Roger--

Thanks for the kind words...Sorry, we do not have Jim Thome records available...any info you can offer from your collection would be appreciated by everyone I am sure...

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Thanks,anyway. I will post as soon as I locate them.