Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Who's the AL & NL MVP's???

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    AL- Verlander

NL- Kemp

I don't buy the whole argument that your team has to make the playoffs to be MVP. One player only takes a team so far in baseball and I can't justify giving an award to a guy who had an inferior season solely because his team made the playoffs. Arod and Dawson won MVPs on bad teams so it would not be the first time...
    I agree with your assessment, and would say with this logic:

NL-Andrew McCutchen
    He single handily carried a sorry Pirates team on his back and had them in 1st place four months into the season. They also happened to be the same division that produced the two teams that played in the NLCS, making his play that much more impressive. Outside of Neil Walker, he IS their offense. Also a 20-20 player that lead his team in HRs, RBI, runs and SBs.

AL-I do not follow as close so would not venture to say.

Banned

AL MVP should be Michael Young of Texas. The man has done everything asked of him for as long as he has been a Ranger had a great season for them again this year. .338 213 hits 106 RBI

He is cleary the MVP on the team for his sacrafice for the betterment of the team.

NL is Kemp in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    I agree with your assessment, and would say with this logic:

NL-Andrew McCutchen
    He single handily carried a sorry Pirates team on his back and had them in 1st place four months into the season. They also happened to be the same division that produced the two teams that played in the NLCS, making his play that much more impressive. Outside of Neil Walker, he IS their offense. Also a 20-20 player that lead his team in HRs, RBI, runs and SBs.

AL-I do not follow as close so would not venture to say.
    Wouldn't that be something if a Pittsburgh Pirate won the MVP. I would love to see the Pirates turn it around and be a contender for the entire season. The Pirates making the playoff's would be awesome to see!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Exclamation Re: Who's the AL & NL MVP's???

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    AL- Verlander

NL- Kemp

I don't buy the whole argument that your team has to make the playoffs to be MVP. One player only takes a team so far in baseball and I can't justify giving an award to a guy who had an inferior season solely because his team made the playoffs. Arod and Dawson won MVPs on bad teams so it would not be the first time and I think Kemp was significantly better than any player in the league.
    Another player who won TWO MVP awards on sub-.500 teams: Ernie Banks of the Cubs (1958-59). The Cubs finished fifth or worse during his two MVP seasons in an eight-team National League.

Dave Miedema

Jose Bautista and Kemp...and I am not just saying this now because they won the Hank Aaron awards in their respective leagues. They are the deserving MVPs in my estimation.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca

Dale Murphy, one of my favorite players growing up, won the MVP in 1982-83. The Braves lost the NLCS in 1982 against the Cards. In 1983 the Braves placed second behind the Dodgers.

Those were two great years to be a Braves fan, even though they did not win the World Series or even make it to the WS.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...