Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Who has the best player collection?

This is the only game used forum I know of so far (being relatively new) and seems to have a strong community of collectors here. I'm slowly making the switch from cards to memorabilia and in the card collecting community player PC's were huge. With that said I was wondering who has the best Player collection out there? I've seen some impressive items collected but like the challenge and focus of collecting one or two players.

Re: Who has the best player collection?

Bert has a solid Albert Pujols collection. Rich has THE best Austin Jackson collection.... I was never really a player focused collector, but I recently got into Alex Avila because he went to my high school and I believe has the most talent for a young catcher in the AL. Living in the area, I have quite a huge access to bats of his, so I decided to focus on photomatched home run bats. I've hit 4/4 on mine, and plan on continuing it in the 2012 season.

Here are my oldest three, followed by the newest one I was able to purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

LastingsMilledge85 has a great Milledge collection....me,it's all about the Giambis..
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=43963

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

While cano has gotten big with collectors over the past year+ I'd throw my 15 Robbie bats and a few mis items out there with anyone.

My Objective vote would go to rich (dach0sen0ne). His Austin Jackson collection is untouchable in every aspect possible. Www.austinjacksonfan.com

Not the best but I've started a pretty decent Jimmy Rollins collection:

4 bats (one of each brand: Max Bat, LVS, Adirondack, & Carolina Clubs, the Adirondack bat is photomatched to a homerun he hit in 2009)
    3 jerseys (2008 WS home jersey, 2009 WS road jersey, 2010 alternate)
    2 sets of batting gloves
    1 pair of cleats from the 2005 season
    2010 lineup card from game he hit is 150th career homerun
    2011 lineup card from game he hit is 100th career triple

Waiting on a pair of road pants. Not sure what year they are from or if they are issued or worn so we'll see. Numerous other Rollins odds and ends to round out the collection.

Always looking to add more especially a hat and wristbands...

In my opinion I think Steve masi (masiman) has one of the better player collections on here. Being a Yankee fan and collector myself I thought his collection of Jorge posada bats was a great choice. Posada has one of the best looking bat characteristics in the game (tar,tape,cleat marks) I've been trying to catch up to Steve but it's been a tough task. Keep it up.....

Mello (yanks506) your cano bats aren't too bad either. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    While cano has gotten big with collectors over the past year+ I'd throw my 15 Robbie bats and a few mis items out there with anyone.
    Your Cano collection is pretty unbelievable... a great player to invest in and follow. Do you have a website with your stuff posted!?!?!

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

My Frank Thomas collection now has over 20 Gu bats (4 of which are hrs), 14 jerseys (sox, jays, and a's), 5 pair of pants, 3 nameplates, 5 Gu hats, 3 hr baseballs, 6 pairs of shoes, numerous batting gloves and wristbands, 2 Gu fielding gloves, and over 10 line up cards featuring the big hurt!!!!

spartanservitto... Bert has a solid Albert Pujols collection.
    Tony... thanks... I think I have some nice bats, but I am sure there are much larger collections out there...

Wade's Thomas collection is just damn impressive...

I wont take first place, but I may have the best photo-match collection of one player...

Matt Wieters Collection....

16 Bats (12 Photomatched) 2 of them HR bats - and one with a LS shipping invoice

Minor League Jersey... Rookie Road Jersey (photomatched)... 1st All-Star Game BP jersey (photomatched)

Batting Helmet and catchers helmet (both Photomatched)
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com