Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone put their high-end jerseys in a safe?

Does anyone put their high-end jerseys in a safe?

If so, which safe do you use?

Apparently, you will have to fold your jerseys to fit it in a safe. Is folding a jersey such a bad thing to do that it outweighs using a safe?

Re: Does anyone put their high-end jerseys in a safe?

Here is a great thread started by dcgreg25 on Storing & Preserving Game Used Jerseys.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=34195
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Well the more interesting aspect to your question is the folding. Safety vs folding. I tried folding the jersey but one side gets the chance of hard to rid folding marks on the non viewed stitched lettering/number(s).I keep the 86 Dykstra G/U home pinstripe World Series jersey on a wide hanger to the exact width of the shoulders seem to seem. Kept at 68 degrees, no attics no basements no garages. Building is secure and display is carriage bolted to wall beems. Reminicent to the Declaration of Independance display just vertical. All for a just released ,talented champion,off his rocker car wash owner.

I have considered putting my gu bats and jerseys in a gun safe. I dont have anywhere to display my stuff right now anyway. Gun safes are expensive, but what isn't. Jerseys could be hung and bats could be hung or leaned up safely.

I used to hang all of my jerseys on nice wooden hangers and out of direct sunlight and store my bowl rings/watches in my safe. Since I moved into my tiny beach condo I store the jerseys from my personal collection in my Marion Barber Cowboys game used equipment bag (about 35 jerseys jam packed that I've picked up over the past year), and my bowl rings in my girlfriends jewelry box . I've got no storage space, but a million dollar view.

Always looking for former Gophers game used jeresys/helmets!

Shawn Kennedy
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    GridironHeroes.net

Hey Swaboda4, would you be able to post pics of the 86 Dykstra or email them to me. I would love to see them. It's one of the jersey's I wish I had.

robertbrender@hotmail.com

I asked the question because the advantages of a (fire-proof) safe are protection against fire, theft and other natural disasters. If the high-end jersey is in a closet or drawer, the jersey likely is toast in the face of a fire or natural disaster--no matter how well the jersey was handled and treated.

I am on the fence as to whether to buy a safe or to leave the jerseys stored in a closet on hangers or folded within plastic bags in a chest.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've been considering a large fire proof safe too, but the cost and size/weight are a major concern. A "24 gun" safe is $900+-, then you get hit for a huge $250 delivery fee and hopefully that includes installation. The large fire safes weigh upwards of 500 lbs or more. So if you ever move its either another 200-300 dollars to hire a moving company to move it or you sell it with the house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I'm looking at this Cannon safe via Costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...US&Sp=C&topnav=

320 pounds and $399 (until 11/6) with shipping and handling included; will have to fold a limited number of jerseys--but then I only have a limited number of high-end jerseys.

Just remember most safes are "fire proof" for a certain amount of time! Please check specs if u are buying an expensive safe.