Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

How do I remove this signature?

I bought two game used bats, both with autographs on them. One is ash color and signed with a Sarpie and the other is a black bat signed with with a silver paint pen. How do I remove these autographs without jacking up my bats? Thanks for any help you might give

Re: How do I remove this signature?

this thread came to mind. not sure if you can see any residue/remnant of the ink on the bat using black light tho.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ht=tony+remove
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I think that will work on the black bat. But, as for the ash bat I really dont know. I mean it's prtty much a Sharpie on wood grain. I just bought the stuff so I will see. Thanks for the idea

Buster, I recently removed a sig from this bat:

I didn't get rid of it completely, you can still see it if you hold the bat in your hands, but on display you can't. This is gonna stir a lot of pots, but I used a combination of nail polish, methylated spirits, eraser and an extremely fine sandpaper.

The auto had been on there for years and it would not budge. I removed most of it with the metho and nail polish but there was just some there that wouldn't scrub off. I figured, it's just a common bat so why not go for broke, that's when I pulled out the sandpaper. I then used olive oil to treat the area which brought it back to a more uniform color.

I will be getting the player to sign in the same area so it should hide the rest. I will get an updated picture this afternoon. FYI - I got told it was a Sharpie that had made the sig.

Mark.

LOL, you really went out on a limb with all of those ways to remove the autograph. Olive oil after the sand paper??? I would have never guessed that in a million years. Thanks

OK, so the pics make it look worse than it probably is.

Hmmm. In fact, just ignore everything I have said. Don't do what I did. It looks sh!t.

i've always used gasoline and it hasn't failed me yet.