Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dallas Cowboys Game Used Aikman Jersey on Ebay

Hey guys.. need help on this one..
    On ebay there is a Troy Aikman Game Worn Dallas Cowboys Jersey from the 94-95 Season. Double Star with a COA. Can someone tell me if its the real deal??

Re: Dallas Cowboys Game Used Aikman Jersey on Ebay

Not sure if it is real or not, but I believe they only wore that style for one game which would have been the 1994 NFC Championship game against the 49ers. If you can find a tape from the game, you may be able to compare number and patch placement.

I have seen another set of these jerseys sold by the Cowboys as game used, but were never worn. They were missing the 75th patch and there were no signs of removal. I believe they had a 95 year tag in the hem, but don't take this as fact, I don't always have the best memory. Maybe another collector can add a little more info.

Vince

I have no idea if the TA is real but I did buy Steve Young and Jerry Rice practice worn jerseys from 1994, with team letters, from this seller. It was not thru ebay as a GUU forum member hooked me up with the seller. He had been in this ebay sellers restaurant, which was going out of business, and saw the 2 practice shirts, framed and hanging on the wall.

I called the seller and he told me about what he had and it was a ton of stuff! He was selling everything as his business was closing. The SY and JR practice shirts arrived soon after I paid him and they are quite nice.

As the previous member stated-just look up the games from 1994 and compare the images to the ebay listing. I do know that Aikman moved the 75th patch to the location on the ebay shirt as he used to rub his face with his shirt. With the patch in its original location it would bother his face.

Let us know what you find out.

Paul
    Always buying 49ers gamers!
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Did a quick check on getty and the Cowboys wore this type of jersey for their two playoff games. The most glaring issue is that the star right below the NFL shield is BLUE in the game photos. The star on this jersey is white. For me, unless the team changed the star, that is a red flag.

Take a quick look at getty and see what else pops up. The star was the most glaring issue with only a quick glance, so there may be others.

Paul

I was watching this jersey myself. Notice the ebay Aikman jersey sleeves, the Apex patch is above the sleeve number. I found getty images of 3 playoff games where the Boys used this jersey between 94-95 and the Apex patch is below the number on the sleeves. The inside of the 8 on the front of the jersey also looks to be a bit different in size. Also, the COA kind of bothers me. It looks like the Cowboys rep that signed the letter says Kevin Gogan. Gogan played on the O-line for the Cowboys before they wore these jerseys, if Im not mistaken.

So, Apex sleeve patch in wrong place, white Cowboys patch center chest that should be blue, questionable size on the front jersey 8, and an offensive lineman COA. That is 4 red flags for me so Im staying away. Good luck on the info you find my man

Greg

I am an avid Dallas Cowboys collector and would not touch this jersey. I looked at over 25 photographs of Troy from 1994 and the star patch on the front does not match the game jerseys he wore. I have a couple of anniversary jerseys that were obtained through the Cowboys Club and they are issued -- the Club had a tendency to sell issued jerseys to its members. I have real concerns about this one.

Banned

Yep, the "white" mini-star is wrong and the APEX logos should not be above the TV numbers on the sleeves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Did a quick check on getty and the Cowboys wore this type of jersey for their two playoff games. The most glaring issue is that the star right below the NFL shield is BLUE in the game photos. The star on this jersey is white. For me, unless the team changed the star, that is a red flag.

Take a quick look at getty and see what else pops up. The star was the most glaring issue with only a quick glance, so there may be others.

Paul
    They also wore them at New Orleans and Philly.

Banned

Actually I just noticed that the APEX logo is indeed above Novacek's TV numbers, so I guess it was hit and miss back then. That said, the white star remains problematic and no pics of Aikman have surfaced with the APEX logo above the numbers. In this clip from the '94 game in New Orleans, the TV numbers are where they should be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg

Thanks guys!! I knew I could count on the GU forum for help.. I'll pass to!