Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chris Andersen New Orleans Hornets Game jersey

Thought I'd give a heads up on a suspicious Chris Andersen jersey listed on eBay last night. Looks like it has the potential to end at a decent price with all of the bids already, so I thought I'd share this just in case any members here were eyeing it up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-CH...item4ab00dec46

Some red flags:

- Chris Andersen was suspended from the league for 2 years on January 25, 2006 while playing for the Hornets. He was reinstated on March 5, 2008 and re-signed by the New Orleans Hornets, so he did play for the Hornets at the end of the 2007-2008 season. However, when he was reinstated he wore #1, as #12, which he had worn for his first 2 seasons with the Hornets (2004-2005 & 2005-2006) prior to his suspension was being worn by Hilton Armstrong. (Armstrong played for the Hornets from the 2006-2007 season though the 2009-2010 season, and wore #12 for his duration with the team)

- The New Orleans Hornets did not wear the "OKC" patch during the 2007-2008 season; they wore a patch of their brand new "Fleur de Bee" secondary logo. The 2007-2008 season was the Hornets' first season back in New Orleans full-time, after being relocated to Oklahoma City for the 2005-2006 & 2006-2007 season after Hurricane Katrina, which was when the "OKC" patch was worn.

- I can't be positive on this, as I have yet to see a legit 2007-08 Chris Andersen game jersey, but I'm fairly sure the size is incorrect. In 2004-2005 & 2005-2006 while playing for the Hornets, Andersen wore a (Reebok) size 52+6 length. In 2008-09, he wore a (adidas) size 52+4 length with the Denver Nuggets.

Cliffs if you don't want to read above:
    - Wrong number; Andersen wore #1 in the '07-'08 season, #12 was worn by Hilton Armstrong
    - Hornets didn't wear "OKC" patch in '07-'08 season, only worn in '05-'06 & '07-'07 seasons
    - Questionable player size

Re: Chris Andersen New Orleans Hornets Game jersey

It's not advertised as game used. There are different interpretations as to what pro cut means, but often it's just a customized team blank.

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    It's not advertised as game used. There are different interpretations as to what pro cut means, but often it's just a customized team blank.
    I know, but the item description is somewhat vague and nowhere does the seller state that the jersey is customized in a couple ways. The way it has been bid up in less than a day of being listed, and 6+ days remaining, led me to believe that some buyers may be confused and believe that it's an actual game-issued Andersen jersey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighFan View Post
    I know, but the item description is somewhat vague and nowhere does the seller state that the jersey is customized in a couple ways. The way it has been bid up in less than a day of being listed, and 6+ days remaining, led me to believe that some buyers may be confused and believe that it's an actual game-issued Andersen jersey.
    I am confused, forum rules state if you have any questions about an item you first must email the seller with your concerns and wait 24 hours for a reply.

I am the seller of this jersey, and I have not received any such emails with the concerns posted by MileHighFan. Aren't forum rules set for a reason so I can first investigate their concerns and then make adjustments if an error was made?

This jersey is exactly what it is advertised as - A pro-cut game issued jersey. It was prepared for game use, never customized and I ended up with the jersey for sale as what it is. No one is trying to play any games - The jersey is exactly what you see in the pictures and description on eBay.

The jersey is 100% original, right from Adidas as they originally made it.

By the way, I generally answer emails within 20-30 minutes of receipt. You can email me any concerns in the future at the email address listed on every post I make on Game Used Forum or you can email me right through the eBay messaging system. If I take longer to reply, that generally means I am sleeping but generally I never go less than eight hours without answering all emails.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    I am confused, forum rules state if you have any questions about an item you first must email the seller with your concerns and wait 24 hours for a reply.

I am the seller of this jersey, and I have not received any such emails with the concerns posted by MileHighFan. Aren't forum rules set for a reason so I can first investigate their concerns and then make adjustments if an error was made?

This jersey is exactly what it is advertised as - A pro-cut game issued jersey. It was prepared for game use, never customized and I ended up with the jersey for sale as what it is. No one is trying to play any games - The jersey is exactly what you see in the pictures and description on eBay.

The jersey is 100% original, right from Adidas as they originally made it.

By the way, I generally answer emails within 20-30 minutes of receipt. You can email me any concerns in the future at the email address listed on every post I make on Game Used Forum or you can email me right through the eBay messaging system. If I take longer to reply, that generally means I am sleeping but generally I never go less than eight hours without answering all emails.
    Here is the rule:
    In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.
    My apologies--I will honestly admit that I was unaware of the contacting the seller recommedation; had I known, I would have done so prior to posting. However, your response still would have resulted in me starting a thread on the item, outlining facts as to why the jersey is questionable.

Banned

Here is the rule:
    My apologies--I will honestly admit that I was unaware of the contacting the seller recommedation; had I known, I would have done so prior to posting. However, your response still would have resulted in me starting a thread on the item, outlining facts as to why the jersey is questionable.

The jersey is authentic. It may not be cut or have pathes you are looking for but it is 100% authentic right from Adidas. Please do not confuse people call this questionable when it is 100% original from Adidas.

I buy from teams who order jerseys on speculation of a player making a team and often those jerseys are not exact to what ends up on a players back. I sell original items and when I call an item game issued or pro-cut it doesn't mean that it ever made the players inventory. It was made for that player for some reason.

I will add details to the listing when I retun home later today.

I sell original items and when I call an item game issued or pro-cut it doesn't mean that it ever made the players inventory. It was made for that player for some reason.
    You mean it was made into a jersey with that player's name & number?

To me, a game issued jersey was customized by the team for a particular player (player's size, length, customizations, etc.) and is identical to what they would wear in a game...it's just never been used.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The jersey is authentic. It may not be cut or have pathes you are looking for but it is 100% authentic right from Adidas. Please do not confuse people call this questionable when it is 100% original from Adidas.
    I am entitled to my opinion, no? Incorrect jersey number/player name combination & incorrect patch for the season a jersey is from, as well as no provenance, makes the jersey, in my opinion, questionable.

As long as I provide my reasoning, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to share my opinion.

Banned

I am entitled to my opinion, no? Incorrect jersey number/player name combination & incorrect patch for the season a jersey is from, as well as no provenance, makes the jersey, in my opinion, questionable.

As long as I provide my reasoning, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to share my opinion.
    I appreciate your insight. I am just concerned you are confusing people claiming the jersey is questionable when it is a 100% licensed Adidas jersey and I don't want any questions over that.

Again, I have bought many jerseys right from the teams of players who never played a game but were possibly going to make the roster that were never customized for the season but in the team's inventory.

I will add information you provided to the listing today. I just want to be sure there is no confusion that the jersey is an authentic Adidas jersey, which it is. The jersey is a game issued pro-cut that was never used.

I just was originally upset as I was not contacted before the first post as I would have added the information you provided without having to come on here and debate it.

Finally, you are entitled to an opinion, but a jersey that was made by Adidas is not questionable to the authenticity. Too many knockoff jerseys out there these days and I am not selling anything that wasn't made by Adidas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    You mean it was made into a jersey with that player's name & number?

To me, a game issued jersey was customized by the team for a particular player (player's size, length, customizations, etc.) and is identical to what they would wear in a game...it's just never been used.
    I have had game issued jerseys right from teams that are different sizes than a player would wear that were made in case a larger or smaller jersey were needed.

As for patches, again, pro-cut jerseys do not always have team patches as they were never used or put into circulation for use.