X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaintsGeaux
    • Jan 2010

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Originally posted by Palehose for Life
    Hey the NFL and part of society forgave that piece of trash M.Vick and he murdered dogs!!! Are you Kidding me. And he was actually convicted! Everyone deserves a second chance except murderers,rapists, and pedophiles...
    You just got me to fall out of my chair laughing. This dog murderer you talk about is on the Homepage of hour beloved JO Sports.

If you were trying to help JO, quit now as you just buried them.

Comment

• cubbs1232
      • Aug 2009

Actually that reminds me, i remember when a member had an issue with a Lesean McCoy eagles jersey that had the wrong inscription on it from last year, the jersey was from a different game than what the date written on it was. And I remember Jarrod coming on here and explaining what had happened and it was a mix up on Lesean's part because he was singing a few diff pieces at the same time, and he made it right... So ya see even players make mistakes, i know its hard to believe!!!
      Easy for jo to blame it on mccoy as he can't defend himself on here.

Once a crook always a crook

Comment

• Gocong57
        • May 2009

Originally posted by slam
        How about this posting involving JO Sports. I always thought this was strange.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=44542
        That must be some trunk of evidence, er, jerseys

Comment

• Ozric
          • May 2007

Going forward if you suspect something is not right with a piece that you see on there site, or anywhere else, call it to there attention, as people have done in the past, and the situation will be rectified asap. Ive made mention to Robert about some things i thought were issued at best, and he marked them down and accepted and appreciated the help for looking out. There is nothing that can be hidden if you research properly. The buyer and seller both have a responsibility to make it right when something is not right, you have to do your part and accept responsibility when your not on your game.

I collect Mike Nugent gear and would periodically check back with Robert to see if they obtained anything new. He advised that they did get a Jets jersey in from the 11/25/2010 game. I checked his stats and he was on the DL as of the previous game and was out for the rest of the season. I told Robert he could not have played during that game and to check to see if it was worn in an earlier game. He advised that Jarrod had it labeled as 11/25/2010 and not from an earlier game. I passed on it even though he offered it to me at nearly half of what he originally wanted for it (after I told him of the issue). Shortly after, it was listed on their site as game worn and was eventually sold as game worn through their auction site.

Comment

• cubbs1232
            • Aug 2009

Have you ever even bought a piece from JO??? I doubt it, probably just trying to stir the pot as usual i bet.

So if anyone hasn't purchased a jersey from them they can't comment, get real. They conjured crimes and get what they deserve

Comment

• cubbs1232
              • Aug 2009

Do you work them pale, you sure have a lot of excuses for them

Comment

• Ozric
                • May 2007

well we don't know who's hands that jersey went to after that conversation, but maybe one of there other employees took it and the message was never passed on,and a slip up in communication, no one can say for certain. Anything is possible. I'm sure that doesn't happen with superstar players, some of the lower tier guys might not be high on the radar at times...
                So it's okay that someone bought an issued jersey advertised as worn because of poor communication...

Comment

• cubbs1232
                  • Aug 2009

So a person new to the hobby finds jo and sees all the teams hes associated with and buys a misrepresented jersey thinking that the company is legit and because the guy doesn't know all the things to look for its ok that he got screwed?

Comment

• SkubeBats
                    Banned
                    • May 2006

The Washigton Redskins are aware of the problems Jarrod is in. On the Redskins officail Message board there's a couple of posts about the trouble Jarrod & JO Sports Co are involved in.

Comment

• short84
                      • Dec 2008

I did get a refund but was never reimbursed for shipping it back. At the time, I was working with Matt Almond who is not with them any more. I have more recently worked with Rob and have been very pleased with our transactions. I do not agree that it is up to the buyer to photomatch an item in order to prove it is game used. This company represents itself as professionals and experts in the field of game used memorabilia. If I wanted to purchase a jersey with a questionable history, I'll shop eBay. In my opinion, when you purchase an item for a premium price from a company that represents themselves as "experts" then it is up to them to prove and confirm that an item sold as game used is game used -- not the buyer. In this case, I did their homework for them. Someone took the time to place this jersey on a mannequin in order to photograph it. They also took the time to put the hologram sticker on the inside of the jersey. Why in the world did not not take an additional few minutes to verify it as being game used??? All I did was look at the crisp fabric with the unusual Georgia patch and I knew something was wrong. I am not an expert but I could see the problem. This company owes its' customers an apology.

Comment

• SkubeBats
                        Banned
                        • May 2006

It doesn't matter if someone bought from JO Sports or not. That isn't the point here. The point is that JO Sport did wrong and they have been charged and they have plead out. So if you ask me we all can say what we want about this. Their the ones that did something wrong not us.

Comment

• 34swtns
                          • Apr 2006

Those of you who have legitimate experience-based issues with JO Sports have reason to voice your concerns and opinions. Those of you who are just running your mouths based on what you've heard please do us all a favor and shut the f#@k up.

You remind me of mob-mentality morons shouting at someone in the village square who's suspected of a crime but not yet tried, much less convicted.
                          You remind me of the self-appointed "speed sheriff"-type driving the roads doing exactly the speed limit when people are trying to get around your hypocritical a$$es. "EVERYBODY better be driving the speed limit"! Unless you're in a hurry, then it's different.

Seriously, you make yourselves look absolutely foolish.

But by all means keep throwing stones.....because that's what hypocrites do.

Comment

• DeacDoug
                            • Mar 2010

Agree fully with Short84. Same standard should apply to auction houses. Never dealt with these guys, but think that the temptation becomes overwhelming when businesses want to earn six figures plus and run out of the real stuff.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                              • Jan 2009

Attached Files

Comment

• freddiefreeman5
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2011

The ball has been dropped by many,it's fourth and long, what are you gonna do?
                                Punt

Comment

Working...