Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

I'm glad to see more of these so called "reputable" dealers getting what they deserve. I'm so sick of all the deceit and greed in our hobby that it makes me want to get out of it all together. Just when you think you can trust a source, you hear about this. I'm glad I never spent my hard earned money on all of the jersey cards that these card manufacturers pumped out over the years that are now IMO pretty much worthless also. It reminds me of a drug cartel, you can slow them down, but you will never stop them. KUDOS to the FBI for taking some more of these scumbags down!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    we should let JO defend themselves first before we all jump to conclusions. There have been more good reports on JO and their jersey's rather than bad ones so let's see what happen
    I was speaking on my experience of course. That is why I would not purchase another jersey from that company and have not since then.

Just underscores what many on this forum have said: COA's ain't s**t (paraphrasing, naturally).

If I hadn't been able to photomatch most of my JO purchases, I'd be pissed right now, because apparently those COA's are worth approximately...nothing.

Banned

This isn't the first time that Mittchell Schumacher was involved with selling questionable items. There might be some old post on here about him and his past.

JO's jerseys are good. I'm going to guess this was stuff was when he was in the business prior to him opening JO sports.

Dave

Banned

Mittchell Schumacher goes by the EBAY username masauction.

I called Jarrod to see exactly what was going on regarding the article. He was busy but I was told that a JO Sports would be issuing a press release shortly on the matter.

I am guessing the release will address any questions for the members on the forum.

Hope that helps,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Wow. I was starting to get suspicious about the business practices involving their auctions. Many of you know I collect Patrick Crayton game used items. In their last auction, there was a Chargers Crayton Jersey offered. I have purchased several of his items through Steiner Sports -- mostly through their auctions. I have never felt Steiner's auctions were dishonest -- they make all bids visible and let you know if a reserve is set. Every Crayton game used jersey sold through Steiner auctions has been under $350. I have several and the most I ever paid was $250. But in the last JO Sports auction, the Crayton jersey had a final bid of $931 -- ran up by several hidden bids. Needless to say, it turned out to be a no sale and is still listed on their website as available. Because the bidding information is hidden, it is very easy for them to bid their own items up to a certain price hoping someone from the outside will place the final bid so they can sell it for a high price -- much higher than the item is actually worth. This has always bothered me about their auctions and why I have never purchased anything from them this way.

Banned

This is from the old site. Check the May 11, 2001 issue of SCD.

Re: MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker

May 11 2005 at 2:05 PM

Response to MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker

You are correct in your assumption regarding Mitch Schumacher of MS Auctions. There was an article in the May 11, 2001, issue of SCD regarding Mitch.

In that article, it states he was arrested in the FBI's Operation Foul Ball. He admitted using an east coast authenticating firm to authenticate his game-model jerseys as game used. The east coast firm was Grey Flannel.

Most of the "game used" items he sold on ebay before being arrested by the FBI, had Grey Flannel letters. He plead guilty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    JO's jerseys are good. I'm going to guess this was stuff was when he was in the business prior to him opening JO sports.

Dave
    Dave,

not sure why it matters if current or before.