Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    I personally purchased 2 jerseys that were sold and represented as game used but were not. How many misrepresented items does it take to prove falsely representing items were being sold (FRAUD)? Both were purchased during 2010 and 2011. I also pointed out the mystery bidding and mystery reserve prices observed during auctions held by JO Sports (when they called themselves JO Sports). A certain Crayton jersey with 8 mystery bids and a "final" selling price of $931 (much higher than his jerseys are worth) not being sold. It still available for sale on their web site after the auction. During the Chargers and Chiefs sale, this jersey was reduced to $1125. Now if you take the final mystery auction price of $931 and add the buyer's premium, you would have a price of $1070.65 -- and it didn't sell???????? My observations and first hand experience tell my there are still shady deals going on --

I'm really getting sick of posts like this. You had a bad experience with JO, when you bought the jersey of a player who played 4 snaps in the NFL...we get it. You also got your money back...I don't understand your constant whining about this? I'm pretty sure the price you paid was probably less than that of a retail NFL jersey on NFLSHOP.com (around $250).

As for the JO auctions, you clearly have not been involved in many auction house auctions before. Just because you think that a Patrick Crayton jersey is worth less than the reserve price in an auction really doesn't matter. The person selling the jersey will set the reserve, and if it doesn't meet that reserve price, then it won't sell. And your argument about the jersey being reduced after it didn't sell in an auction is not very rational. Have you ever gone to buy a car, left the showroom after your offer was turned down, yet to get a phone call the next day asking if you'd like to buy the car at your original offer price? Have you ever heard of TV's going on sale??? It does happen in the real world.

As far as someone else talking about JO having deals with college teams, that statement is absolutely FALSE. JO has never had any deals with any college teams. They have had college items for sale after the individuals have left college...but they don't have college deals. So maybe you people should get your facts straight before heaping garbage onto the "JO HATE PILE". I think Jarrod has enough going on in his life, that he shouldn't have to deal with false statements.

In all of this BS back and forth, I still have yet to see anyone come forth with a "doctored" or jersey with "manufactured" wear. I have asked for someone to come forth since this thread started, and have yet to see any proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Now I've purchased 3 game worn jerseys from JO over time:

1. Carlos Rogers 08 home jersey unwashed w/ lots of wear "photomatched" to the Steelers game in 2008 - I have since sold it but I really did like it. I just chose to put money toward another jersey or two.

2. Terdell Sands 2005 Raiders away jersey - has some hit marks and wear on it...I've yet to try to photomatch it but maybe I will try. Seeing as he's a superstar, I'd like to think it's not one that was "altered" or "forged" in any way.

3. Daunte Culpepper 2005 Vikings away "game used" jersey - NO wear AT ALL, was told BY Robert that it was "game used". I'm not even sure it's been washed - I mean it is issued which is STILL cool, but telling me it's game worn is fraud when in actuality it's issued.

So 2 out of 3 jerseys I've bought are LIKELY "legit", and while they say "2 out of 3 ain't bad", the fact that one was misrepresented is scary because, let's play devil's advocate - what IF one out of every three jerseys they sold were FAKE? Whether it's one item or all of them that are "misrepresented", it's a problem because it was KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENTED.

Terdell Sands is a "superstar"??? How much did you pay for this Culpepper jersey? Did you know that he only played in 5 games that year before he was hurt? Did you try and photomatch the jersey before you bought it? Did you ever think that it could be game used, and he wasn't hit once in any of those games? Did someone FORCE you to buy this jersey????

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Currently *a cleanup damage control operation commenced as evidenced on their own website where, overnight, they have reclassified jerseys now called "game issued" where last week were "game used"? Another innocent mistake? Simple timing coincidence?

Can you provide examples of this "damage control"? I thought the old forum rules were that you must contact the person you have an issue with, and then post a problem with it after 24hrs. I didn't think you could just make claims without any proof? I have spoken to JO, and they have not changed any descriptions of any of their items overnight. So next time maybe try posting facts.

Banned

I still don't get some of you guys. You ask people to come on here state their claims agianst Jarrod or JO Sports and once they do you guys rip them apart for doing so.

Some of you guys still don't get it. The FBI has charged these 6 guys and 4 of them have or are making pleas with the FBI and 2 guys state thier not quilty. Jarrod is one of the 4 men that are making plea's with the Goverment. SO don't come on here and say he didn't do anything wrong!! What do you think the FBI is making this all up? (The only guys I see standing up for Jarrod are guys who spent money with him and JO or are friends of theirs. These guys are like drug deallers and you guys need your fix.) I think it's time you guys wake up and see the light...

For the rest of you do whats right and stand up to these guys and state your cases against these scum bags. The more information the FBI can get the better our hobby will be in the long run!!!

Pretty awesome JO seems to have employees as board members "vouching" for them...that, or hopefully they're being compensated somehow (ha ha).

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I still don't get some of you guys. You ask people to come on here state their claims agianst Jarrod or JO Sports and once they do you guys rip them apart for doing so.

Some of you guys still don't get it. The FBI has charged these 6 guys and 4 of them have or are making pleas with the FBI and 2 guys state thier not quilty. Jarrod is one of the 4 men that are making plea's with the Goverment. SO don't come on here and say he didn't do anything wrong!! What do you think the FBI is making this all up? (The only guys I see standing up for Jarrod are guys who spent money with him and JO or are friends of theirs. These guys are like drug deallers and you guys need your fix.) I think it's time you guys wake up and see the light...

For the rest of you do whats right and stand up to these guys and state your cases against these scum bags. The more information the FBI can get the better our hobby will be in the long run!!!
    The last details I heard, JO was "named" in a case in which there was fraud involving card companies. JO has not even been "directly" named. Other than that, ZERO DETAILS have been released. Until then, I will hold judgement.

I dont think there are going to be that many individuals, that are GUU members, that are going to be able to come on here with examples of fraud committed by Jarrod.

It seems that card companies were the easy target for these scammers and I hope these companies take action against these individuals.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

I have not commented on this thread until now. Good lord. I'm not as concerned about the guilt or innocence of JO Sports as much as I am about the "witch hunt" going on here by some of you (whether you realize it or not). It sounds like the FBI is well aware of what has happened in the past, and this is information we will all learn in due time. Those of you who are now pointing fingers at any and every person ever to do business with JO, knows someone who works at JO, is the moderator of a forum who knows someone who works at JO, or washed the car of the mother of the cousin who swept the floor for JO, is absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible.

I think the admin staff of this forum has done an excellent job of not over moderating this thread, as rambling and incoherent as it may be at times. Yes, we are all affected in one way or another by what has happened -- whether it is directly as a customer of JO, or a game used collector in general who is seeing the hobby get a black eye in general. But each of you needs to be careful with your comments, because once they are memorialized on the web, they may come back to haunt you one day.

Take this for what it's worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Pretty awesome JO seems to have employees as board members "vouching" for them...that, or hopefully they're being compensated somehow (ha ha).

This is a great example of the nonsense in this thread. When faced with numerous questions regarding your purchase in which you consider fraudulent, you deflect the questions, and follow up with ridiculous statements. This should be a fact finding thread, in which you have been personally involved with "fraud" in a purchase from JO Sports Co, and be able to share the details of such. I still have yet to find one.

Banned

[quote=camarokids;272897]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckFoPrez View Post

This is still America. Where we have the right to speak our mind!

I have not chimed in on the JO Sports debacle. Looks to me like they are guilty!!!!!! They made a plea in the case against them!!!!

I have never bought anything from them due to their prices and I don't really want to start collecting football.

Do I need to shut f*ck up too?
    Huh? Why did you quote me?