Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

I would suggest everyone read the MASAUCTION thread that Skube has resurrected in this section...

There were a lot of people back then defending Mitch and saying maybe Mitch had changed and seen the errors of his ways, etc, etc and that he should be given a break to prove himself...

Those that brought up his past were vilified for mentioning it...

What's the old saying:

Fool me once - Shame on You.
    Foll me twice - Shame on Me.

Just goes to show that tigers truly can't change their stripes...

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Dave,

not sure why it matters if current or before.

I think we should all reserve judgement on this until we know what the facts are. First of all, people are complaining about JO and how they run their auctions...they are free to run their auctions how they please. There is nothing "illegal" about how they run their auctions.

I also think that if you want to vent about JO's prices, you should make a seperate thread about this. If you want to complain about an item that was not game worn, in your opinion, you should have taken that up with the people who work for JO.

This thread should be kept to the topic at hand. I have nothing to gain or lose by defending JO Sports Co, but I think some time should be given in order for people to let their stories come out.

I really hope that JO is not involved in any of this, whether intentional or not. I've dealt with them on a few occasions and have been able to photo match a jersey purchased from them. Having said that, I've always doubted the game used or "player-worn" jersey cards that have flooded the market. At least some of the card companies do say "player-worn", so you know what it is, even if it's a replica jersey or one from Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I think we should all reserve judgement on this until we know what the facts are. First of all, people are complaining about JO and how they run their auctions...they are free to run their auctions how they please. There is nothing "illegal" about how they run their auctions.

I also think that if you want to vent about JO's prices, you should make a seperate thread about this. If you want to complain about an item that was not game worn, in your opinion, you should have taken that up with the people who work for JO.

This thread should be kept to the topic at hand. I have nothing to gain or lose by defending JO Sports Co, but I think some time should be given in order for people to let their stories come out.
    Great in theory, but I did exactly that and it did no good. There was jersey I wanted that was listed as game worn from a specific game. The problem was that the player was on the DL from a week earlier, was out for the rest of the season with an injury, and could not have played in that game. I advised of such and was offered the jersey at a cheaper rate. I declined the offer, but the description was never changed from worn to issued. It eventually was sold as game worn.

I only own one JO jersey (LJ Skins) and thankfully I have photo matched it, due to he only wore it for two games before being cut.

It is a real shame that they are involved in this report. I am one that would also like to give them a chance to come on here and defend themselves, but it has got to be a real downer in consumer confidence from this point on.

Hopefully for all who have purchased from them and for JO's sake, there is a logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    I would disagree with this completely. A federal indictment is not a minor thing and should not be overlooked. Yes, they can be innocent until proven guilty...but are you willing to take that chance with your money?

Additionally, there most certainly are many illegal aspects in how they run their auctions. The shill bidding and selling of jerseys under false pretenses would constitute fraud in most any state. If they chose to "run their auctions how they please".....let them face the criminal charges that result.

Kudos to the feds for taking action and I am sure we have not seen the last of these charges! Pleas agreement = working with the feds to help them continue their investigations.

We've purchased around 2 dozen items from JO and have been happy w/ each item we bought. I will say that that IMO the only reasons most people are willing to pay what they do with JO is that they have or had;

-unquestioned team relationships

-unquestioned authenticity

If the above two are questioned, will people pay their prices? I am holding out judgement until I hear more, but this is disconcerting to say the least.

Shawn Kennedy
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    GridironHeroes.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Heroes View Post
    We've purchased around 2 dozen items from JO and have been happy w/ each item we bought. I will say that that IMO the only reasons most people are willing to pay what they do with JO is that they have or had;

-unquestioned team relationships

-unquestioned authenticity

If the above two are questioned, will people pay their prices? I am holding out judgement until I hear more, but this is disconcerting to say the least.

Shawn Kennedy
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    GridironHeroes.net
    exactly, im with everyone on this, in that this is very disappointing to hear especially for a company like JO but like the above poster said, we should wait to hear the presser from JO and more information regarding this.

I myself was a card collector before going into game used, and i am highly dissapointed in these companies, especially when they charge up to $500 for 1 box of cards.

its not just collectors they are selling jerseys to....
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Dave,

not sure why it matters if current or before.
    I can only tell you about my recent inquiry. Had been looking for a Justin Tryon game used jersey. JO had one from 2010 regular season only it was a Redskins jersey and not a Colts. I spoke to Lance. It had to be preseason as Tryon was traded before the first game. I told him that. The jersey also showed no use. Sure, preseason is game used but don't convince me it is regular season. Later I talked to a big Skins collector Kevin who got shipped his Skins jerseys. Several had no use.

Can JO come on here and defend that?

By the way, I called up to talk to Rob at JO and he resigned yesterday.