Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=10331

Is this the same Inselberg of Ranzino Smith to Michael Jordan infamy?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

It should read before Jarred opened JO Sports not Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkakisMania View Post
    All it takes is getting behind on your rent or mortgage, needing to pay off creditors who are banging on your door, needing to put food on the table, pay for a lavish lifestyle living beyond your means and the list goes on and on. Once you get in too deep people begin to stop thinking rationally about their actions and anything is fair game potentially.

Not saying that is what happened here, I have no idea, but for anyone to be shocked on some level by this is perplexing to me to say the least. If a person gets desperate enough they may do almost anything.
    I couldn't agree with you more. People will do almost anything, so nothing surprises me anymore. For all the crooks that are actually indicted, there are tens of more con men who sell fake memorabilia with contrived use. Sadly, some of the aforementioned sell on the Collector to Collector Classifieds, and a few of them have been caught. Yet people still buy, not wanting to believe that someone they know could be involved in wrongdoing. One only needs to search the archives to know about which individuals I am talking.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Jarrod is supposed to send out a press release today so let's wait and see what he says.

I'm disappointed, but not jumping to conclusions just yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Jarrod is supposed to send out a press release today so let's wait and see what he says.

Who cares about any press release.

About 95 percent of federal criminal defendants plead guilty. Of the remaining few who fight in court, nearly nine of 10 are convicted, according to national statistics

This is all I need to know.

If a person gets desperate enough they may do almost anything.
    Let's not confuse desperation with greed.

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    Who cares about any press release.

About 95 percent of federal criminal defendants plead guilty. Of the remaining few who fight in court, nearly nine of 10 are convicted, according to national statistics

This is all I need to know.
    Any press release will be merely damage control.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a press release. At best a vague, general statement will be released. This is a pending legal matter anything that even touches on the facts of the case would be very stupid on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Dave,

not sure why it matters if current or before.
    I tend to agree. In business and in life, each of us choose the standards of integrity to which we hold ourselves.

JO the person and JO the company both are presumed innocent, as our justice system allows. For me, I knew what the standards of integrity were once I had a personal experience:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=42177

I was surprised how many folks on the thread at the time were focused on things other than JO's misrepresentations and questionable business practices. Some comments repositioned the thread as though whether I was or wasn't willing to share pictures of my own helmet was the issue.

At any rate, I wish the very best to all those who have been JOs customers. Looking forward, I think its going to be interesting how the NFL's member organizations handle their game used merchandise.

Whether its allegations of misrepresenting items, allegations of unfair auctions, or allegations of cornering markets for monopolistic pricing power none of these things would be possible from an entity which sets high standards of conduct for itself. Whether laws were broken or not, the standards of conduct similar to a used car dealership were very apparent at JO Sports IMHO. And, the culture was to deflect from any observations of that culture.

For me, I was surprised to see that even my local Cincinnati Bengals were comfortable lending their brand to JO. Game used sports memorabilia after all becomes your brand's history. Game used sports memorabilia is one of the strongest tools a franchise has to use to make positive imprints with its brand into households and families, which last (and sell tickets and t-shirts) for generations.

Well said, Smitty. I agree 100 percent.

I would suggest everyone read the MASAUCTION thread that Skube has resurrected in this section...

There were a lot of people back then defending Mitch and saying maybe Mitch had changed and seen the errors of his ways, etc, etc and that he should be given a break to prove himself...

Those that brought up his past were vilified for mentioning it...

What's the old saying:

Fool me once - Shame on You.
    Foll me twice - Shame on Me.

Just goes to show that tigers truly can't change their stripes...

- Smitty