Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

6 charged with fraud

I though JO was one of the good guys?

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com...ed-with-fraud/
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Damn!!!!

This could be both good (cleaning up) and bad (people finding out what they have isn't what they thought) for the hobby...

It will be interesting to see how it plays out and how the accused attempt to defend themselves....

- Smitty

How about this posting involving JO Sports. I always thought this was strange.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=44542

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    How about this posting involving JO Sports. I always thought this was strange.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=44542
    That must be some trunk of evidence, er, jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    Okay, i just spoke to Rob today and low and behold they had there best day of sales in the history of there existence yesterday, go figure... I would bet that most of the critics on here are not customers of this company, just people who want to join in on the bash parade and keep fueling the fire that has been done countless times on here as in the past? Also, lets talk about jersey's that are misrepresented as game used... Okay so if any of you that have been watching the 9/11 auctions on NFL auctions, do you recall a Marion Barber jersey they were selling as game used? Well guess what, that jersey was misrepresented, because he never even played in that game, and was inactive i believe. So what gives, everyone makes mistakes and cannot be perfect all the time, period! Also, do you realize that there are only 5 employees at J.O? Yes, its true 5.... Which means they can't always be spot on when it comes to calling a jersey game used,worn,or issued. What is the true meaning of game used? With the massive amount of inventory the receive at any one time, they have to go by what the team tells them, do some research and hope for the best. Which is why they can't always keep up with every teams players and make sure this guy is active or this guy is inactive, or this guy wont get in the game today, so an and so forth. Do you know how long that takes, its supply and demand. Do you homework is what this comes down too. If you were to call up Rob and say hey man, i noticed you guys are selling a Barber jersey for x amount of dollars and this guy is inactive, whats the deal? He would respond oh wow, okay let me check it out. And i'm sure he would mark it down, they aren't knowingly listing things as gu that aren't, because like i said, the info on players and teams are public knowledge, whats to hide??? You have to be on your game too, instead of blaming others for the lack of doing ones homework! Everyone makes mistakes, as i know we are all perfect on here? So quick to judge others without all the facts. The facts are that from 08-11 and current, there product has been nothing but top notch. As for the panini thread cards, that's a whole other thing, that was going on before this website and there team affiliation took off, and i cant comment, because i don't know the specifics to that yet.
    So thats nice that they had the best sales. Wait till a few weeks and they plead guilty and they have the biggest day in returns.

I have purchased several from JO but I have a feeling the only people who want the other people quiet are people still holding jerseys with COAS until they sell them.

Banned

That day they had there best sale was the end of the auction on their website. Also this was before anyone realy new about all of this. I agree wait until everyone they delt with finds out I bet they get plenty of returns on their items they have sold.

I still don't understand some of you on here. Jarrod was charged in federal court and seems like he has plead out on this case. Am I missing anything here? I didn't think so.

Jarrod is the guy who screwed up his life and his company not anyone else buy himself!!

If you still feel like buying from a known scam artist go ahead. It doesn't matter if it was one jersey or 1,000 jerseys!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    That day they had there best sale was the end of the auction on their website. Also this was before anyone realy new about all of this. I agree wait until everyone they delt with finds out I bet they get plenty of returns on their items they have sold.

I still don't understand some of you on here. Jarrod was charged in federal court and seems like he has plead out on this case. Am I missing anything here? I didn't think so.

Jarrod is the guy who screwed up his life and his company not anyone else buy himself!!

If you still feel like buying from a known scam artist go ahead. It doesn't matter if it was one jersey or 1,000 jerseys!!

I will continue to ask...WHAT did he plead out to? WHAT was the incident(s) that he was involved in? WHO were the counterparties involved? WAS he even directly involved with anything, or was he simply a middle man selling to a card company??

I think until the facts are out, and UNTIL someone can come on this board with some facts, then we should stop crushing JO.

Banned

It says Jarrod and the other guys were charged by information of mail fraud, which indicates that they worked out plea deals with prosecutors. So I guess they were guilty of something!!

JO Sports? This is insane.