Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Wow. After reading these charges this is just horrible. Does anyone else feel like throwing things about now? After reading this I have new appreciation for Mei Gray and as much as I hate to say it Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    Do you think he knew something was going on behind the scenes or was it a coincidence that he is resigning? I'd be curious to know.
    Really nice kid. I have no clue.

On the legal issues, I just called up there and Lance said its all a misunderstanding that this one incident was 5 years ago when Jarred was working out of his home. It's not a big deal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    Really nice kid. I have no clue.

On the legal issues, I just called up there and Lance said its all a misunderstanding that this one incident was 5 years ago when Jarred was working out of his home. It's not a big deal.
    Are you kidding? The Information states that the conduct occurred over five years and 2008 which was only three years ago is specifically mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    ]It's not a big deal.
    Really?

FEDERAL Criminal Indictment
    or
    FEDERAL Criminal Information

Both FELONIES

Both BIG DEALS

Unless maybe you're a career criminal who misses the joint...
    (NOT calling you - Saints - a criminal. Just a general statement)

- Smitty

Banned

"It was also a part of the scheme to defraud that the defendant and others involved in the scheme frequently changed, or caused changes to the jerseys’ appearance by roughening, scuffing, washing, dirtying, or otherwise changing the appearance of the jerseys to make them appear that they had actual “wear and tear.”

JO's reputation has most definitely been tainted. i purchased from JO on the basis that i was "buying a piece of mind" as i do from Meigray...and i dont mind paying extra knowing this is indeed a true game worn item. But in light of current events, this has defintely changed my view,,even though minor, it still places some doubt in the back of your mind. I purchased a Devin Hester shirt with good wear and tell tale signs for good foto matching without the use of hig res pics. but with the news i ended up buying a hig res (expensive) pic from getty ...that otherwise would not have even entertained the idea of buying. fortunately it was a perfect match.... but the doubt has been placed

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Are you kidding? The Information states that the conduct occurred over five years and 2008 which was only three years ago is specifically mentioned.
    Hear what you are saying. Also I see what is written so I agree with you. Innocent until proven guilty. Lance also said they were the middleman. Not sure what that means.

How do they explain the game issued problems we are having now? Honest mistakes? Blame that on the teams? Too much volume, not enough staff, bad handwriting, the dog ate the invoice?

I am sick today. Truly sick.

I woudn't be surprised if this is something from Jarrod's past coming back to haunt him.....

Banned

How many times do some of these guys need to be caught before some of you members stop standing up for these scum bags?

It's about time this happened and maybe the FEDS can help us all out by arresting some more of these clowns. I know there are many other people out there selling fake gu items. All I have to say is your days are numbered!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    How many times do some of these guys need to be caught before some of you members stop standing up for these scum bags?

It's about time this happened and maybe the FEDS can help us all out by arresting some more of these clowns. I know there are many other people out there selling fake gu items. All I have to say is your days are numbered!!

While everyone is due their day in court I have to agree with skube on this one. How many times does information come out about underhanded dealings and there are members rushing to their defense. Oh this guy is a nice guy, I have been dealing with him for years, I cannot believe it there is no way this could be real etc. etc. and on and on it goes.

Nothing surprise me any longer. I have been collecting too long and the long list of bad guys who have been caught with their paw in the cookie jar is too long to mention. I cannot fathom at all why ANYONE would be shocked by any of this.

All it takes is getting behind on your rent or mortgage, needing to pay off creditors who are banging on your door, needing to put food on the table, pay for a lavish lifestyle living beyond your means and the list goes on and on. Once you get in too deep people begin to stop thinking rationally about their actions and anything is fair game potentially.

Not saying that is what happened here, I have no idea, but for anyone to be shocked on some level by this is perplexing to me to say the least. If a person gets desperate enough they may do almost anything.

Banned

JO Sports Co was established in 2003 and their website was set up in 2008. So you can't say this is something that happened before Joe started JO Sports Co now can you??

I hope the FEDS keep this up and arrest many more of the idiots out their selling fake crap to all of us. (Are you hearing me Mike Schultz hope your next!)