Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    ....The only ones I know of in the area are myself, and Gary at Got Quarters out at the mall.
    That deal with memorabilia (GU, autos, etc.)

Damn Edit feature people...

Further research on this places shows that they have a warehouse in the "shady" business district side of town. Interesting.

I guess I never even knew it was in my backyard. In 31 years this is the first I have heard of them, but, if your into the "shifty" business maybe not advertising was the plan all along.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...e&ved=0CAUQ_BI

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Jarrod is supposed to send out a press release today so let's wait and see what he says.

I'm disappointed, but not jumping to conclusions just yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I wonder how many g/u jerseys bought through the auctions and listing on this site were fake? Pretty crazy if GUU was part of selling fake jerseys.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

So, lets say that the NFL teams sell their "game used" jerseys to JO. Many of these jerseys range from no wear, slight wear, heavy wear. These NFL teams don't care what the official title of these will be called because they lump them all together and as long as they sell them for a profit. Now, JO has a bunch of these jerseys purchased from a team and when checking them out, discover that some of them have little/no wear on them at all. How many of you would spend alot of money on a jersey they describe as little/no wear vs. heavy wear. Here lies the problem, as long as they say its "game used" directly from the team, they feel they are not misrepresenting the jersey. But if they wash, rough it up(as implied), and make it look more legit, it is much easier to sell at a bigger profit and the customer is happy because he thinks he is getting something very special and wouldnt think about questioning it. And as long as they or any other dealer think they can get away with it, they will try. Just remember, Bubba is waiting for you in the big house!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gameon View Post
    Just remember, Bubba is waiting for you in the big house!!!
    Bill Clinton is in the big house? I thought I saw him on Letterman in the past two weeks.

In 31 years this is the first I have heard of them, but, if your into the "shifty" business maybe not advertising was the plan all along.
    EPS customizes jerseys. They've had a website for years. I seriously doubt they are the problem

maybe someone can explain but what does washing a game worn jersey? i have gotten some that were washed and smelled like tide so either the team uses tide to get the stains out or someone else washed it lol.

I wonder when they will finally start going after the dealers such as Josh Korb and SteelTown Memorabilia that sell $35.00 borntrade.com jerseys as being authentic?

Here's their eBay store:
    http://myworld.ebay.com/steelerman78

Case and point... I know someone that got "behind the scenes" of their business operations...

They had 1000's of fake borntrade.com jerseys to get signed by some Pittsburgh Penguins players. Here's the photographic proof of walls (literally) of fake jerseys stacked one by one in a room.

Name:  fake1.jpg
Views: 3018
Size:  143.3 KB
    Name:  56381.jpg
Views: 2976
Size:  158.3 KB

On their eBay site, they list all of their Steelers memorabilia as being "authentic" and "On the Ice/Field" jerseys with a $400.00 retail value.

The jerseys are horrible fakes with real signatures. Rumor has it, the Penguins blacklisted this dealer because of unlicensed fake merchandise etc.

Here are some examples of Steelers and Penguins jerseys they sell. Their deceit is just as bad, if not worse than these other dealers. None, Zero, Ziltch, of their inventory is authentic nor even close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAXIME-TALBO...item336d41a249
    ^Horrible fake blue jersey, not even close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARC-ANDRE-F...item53e9a9ddfb
    ^You got to be kidding me? And a 110+ dollar top bid?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEN-ROETHLIS...item564699691d
    ^Big Ben? More like OMG Holy garbage looking jersey!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TROY-POLAMAL...item336d581bde
    ^Lol at the different color white's on this jersey

Quote Originally Posted by mad87man View Post
    maybe someone can explain but what does washing a game worn jersey? i have gotten some that were washed and smelled like tide so either the team uses tide to get the stains out or someone else washed it lol.
    Washing it essentially makes an unused jersey look washed. Kind of like taking a brand new shirt and wash it. You can tell the shirt isn't brand new anymore. If you wash a brand new jersey, you can say its game worn, but has no stains etc because it was washed.