Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Not surprised really. I have bought a few jersey's (Raiders & Redskins) from JO Sports Co that all came with COA's stating they where game used. It was quite obvious they where not. they all looked new and at best team issued.

Makes you wonder about the Favre's, Tebow's Bradfords's ect.... and all the expensive jersey's that they sold.

I think a cloud will be over JO Sports Co because of this.

we should let JO defend themselves first before we all jump to conclusions. There have been more good reports on JO and their jersey's rather than bad ones so let's see what happen

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    we should let JO defend themselves first before we all jump to conclusions. There have been more good reports on JO and their jersey's rather than bad ones so let's see what happen
    I was speaking on my experience of course. That is why I would not purchase another jersey from that company and have not since then.

Just underscores what many on this forum have said: COA's ain't s**t (paraphrasing, naturally).

If I hadn't been able to photomatch most of my JO purchases, I'd be pissed right now, because apparently those COA's are worth approximately...nothing.

Banned

This isn't the first time that Mittchell Schumacher was involved with selling questionable items. There might be some old post on here about him and his past.

JO's jerseys are good. I'm going to guess this was stuff was when he was in the business prior to him opening JO sports.

Dave

Banned

Mittchell Schumacher goes by the EBAY username masauction.

I called Jarrod to see exactly what was going on regarding the article. He was busy but I was told that a JO Sports would be issuing a press release shortly on the matter.

I am guessing the release will address any questions for the members on the forum.

Hope that helps,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    I called Jarrod to see exactly what was going on regarding the article. He was busy but I was told that a JO Sports would be issuing a press release shortly on the matter.

I am guessing the release will address any questions for the members on the forum.

Hope that helps,
    Chris

Chris

Can you please provide any updates on when your business associate/partner Jarrod is planning to actually issue this press release? Shortly does not seem to compute with his understanding of that term vs. what others would understand it to mean. Perhaps Jarrod could not come to the phone when you called as he was busy packing up to head out of the country to some location that does not offer extradition back to the USA???

I have it on very good authority from a source on the inside of this investigation that the Feds have invoices of retail jersey's that were purchased by JO that they claim can be followed to a bulk sale to the Panini Card Company. Panini bought hundreds of jersey's from JO with legitimate jerseys mixed in with the purported fakes. This is part of the legal case at hand. I am sure if the Feds find Matt who disappeared from JO employment that he probably saw what was going on. I can't remember the name of Jarrod's other helper at the time who also has left the company.

Who really cares about some slick PR statement that will prove nothing. What exactly would it say. I think Legal mentioned that it is just going to be basic crap as nothing in a pending legal investigation is going to prompt the accused to say anything beyond basic Vanilla garbage in a PR statement.

Let Brad Wells and Mitchell and all the other cockroaches scatter. The lights are on.

Skubebats nailed it by the way. I am glad people are stepping up. Take your hard earned money and give it to charity instead of foolishly lining this man's pockets.

By the way, where exactly is Mr. Bible verse Bernie Gernay?? I know he used to post on here all the time quoting all his Bible verses. I wonder what he has to say now that he has the FEDS breathing down his neck.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BostonSportsFan View Post
    Chris

Can you please provide any updates on when your business associate/partner Jarrod is planning to actually issue this press release? Shortly does not seem to compute with his understanding of that term vs. what others would understand it to mean. Perhaps Jarrod could not come to the phone when you called as he was busy packing up to head out of the country to some location that does not offer extradition back to the USA???

Who really cares about some slick PR statement that will prove nothing. What exactly would it say. I think Legal mentioned that it is just going to be basic crap as nothing in a pending legal investigation is going to prompt the accused to say anything beyond basic Vanilla garbage in a PR statement.

Let Brad Wells and Mitchell and all the other cockroaches scatter. The lights are on.

Skubebats nailed it by the way. I am glad people are stepping up. Take your hard earned money and give it to charity instead of foolishly lining this man's pockets.

By the way, where exactly is Mr. Bible verse Bernie Gernay?? I know he used to post on here all the time quoting all his Bible verses. I wonder what he has to say now that he has the FEDS breathing down his neck.

Joe
    I don't know Chris but I think it is unfair to bring his prior relationships with JO up at this point. I am sure Chris and his team will cut all ties with JO. If you live long enough you will inevitably come in contact with people who go to the dark side. I don't even want to hear that he changed his ways and this happened before his NFL contracts. As Lokee wrote, improprieties are still occurring.

Also perfectly said by Freddie in Post #101.

I just wish Victor Moreno, Lou Lampson, Coaches Corner and Bricol all got honorable mentions in the SCD article.