Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: 6 charged with fraud

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    That day they had there best sale was the end of the auction on their website. Also this was before anyone realy new about all of this. I agree wait until everyone they delt with finds out I bet they get plenty of returns on their items they have sold.

I still don't understand some of you on here. Jarrod was charged in federal court and seems like he has plead out on this case. Am I missing anything here? I didn't think so.

Jarrod is the guy who screwed up his life and his company not anyone else buy himself!!

If you still feel like buying from a known scam artist go ahead. It doesn't matter if it was one jersey or 1,000 jerseys!!

I will continue to ask...WHAT did he plead out to? WHAT was the incident(s) that he was involved in? WHO were the counterparties involved? WAS he even directly involved with anything, or was he simply a middle man selling to a card company??

I think until the facts are out, and UNTIL someone can come on this board with some facts, then we should stop crushing JO.

Banned

It says Jarrod and the other guys were charged by information of mail fraud, which indicates that they worked out plea deals with prosecutors. So I guess they were guilty of something!!

It says Jarrod and the other guys were charged by information of mail fraud, which indicates that they worked out plea deals with prosecutors. So I guess they were guilty of something!!
    Yup, unknowing middlemen work with the prosecution to help uncover what happened and help prosecute.

People with stuff to hide and no case cop deals.

Looks like the Giants may have gotten wind of this and canceled or suspended their partnership with JO. JO no longer has all their Giants items on their website. Also, their Giants game worn fan page on facebook is no longer up????
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post
    Looks like the Giants may have gotten wind of this and canceled or suspended their partnership with JO. JO no longer has all their Giants items on their website. Also, their Giants game worn fan page on facebook is no longer up????
    Not surprised it was in the New York Daily News and the Giants are a first class organization. I would be stunned if the Maras or the Tischs continued a relationship like that in the name of profit. I would expect the other teams to follow suit as soon as they find out. Almost all contracts have a clause that allow for termination in some circumstances. The teams have first class attorneys, I would be stunned if they let them enter a contract like this without including such a clause that lets them get out in cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS View Post

Giants items are back up on their site...so looks like just another person rushing to judgement...could it have been a simple technology error? Perhaps....but let's have everyone pile on and reach the conclusion that the Giants have pulled their items in disgust over the horror and outrage that JO has caused their team, because they are so "classy".

Look...I know it seems as if I am a defense lawyer for JO...when I'm merely playing devils advocate, looking for details on exactly they did wrong, and perhaps giving them a little room to breathe.

http://www.josportsco.com/list_produ...000035&CatID=0

Banned

I just got off the phone with the St Louis Rams. They told me that their lawyers are hard at work to end their relationship with JO Sports. They also told me there will be many more teams to do the same. They will make a public anouncemant about this soon.

I just got off the phone with the St Louis Rams. They told me that their lawyers are hard at work to end their relationship with JO Sports. They also told me there will be many more teams to do the same. They will make a public anouncemant about this soon.

Good! maybe I can get a Rams Alexander jersey without taking out a second mortgage!

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Giants items are back up on their site...so looks like just another person rushing to judgement...could it have been a simple technology error? Perhaps....but let's have everyone pile on and reach the conclusion that the Giants have pulled their items in disgust over the horror and outrage that JO has caused their team, because they are so "classy".

Look...I know it seems as if I am a defense lawyer for JO...when I'm merely playing devils advocate, looking for details on exactly they did wrong, and perhaps giving them a little room to breathe.
    I was just stating a fact. The Giants stuff was gone from their site for more than a day. Their Giants facebook fan page is still gone. Plus, they still dont have all the Giants jerseys that they did before.

While it seems that JO is running a legit business with their current NFL contracts, its obvious from the charges that everything before the NFL was not on the up and up, and Jarrod got busted.
    Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post

http://www.josportsco.com/list_produ...000035&CatID=0
    You are not playing devils advocate you are making a joke out of everything as if the FBI where mall security. But when the teams do pull this stuff (they will just talked to a very reliable friend off record who works around a team) will you then say you where wrong? Or are you going to run from this place like it was on fire?

Stop it we get it already, but make no mistake only a few as of now are buying it.