Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: 6 charged with fraud

I personally purchased 2 jerseys that were sold and represented as game used but were not. How many misrepresented items does it take to prove falsely representing items were being sold (FRAUD)? Both were purchased during 2010 and 2011. I also pointed out the mystery bidding and mystery reserve prices observed during auctions held by JO Sports (when they called themselves JO Sports). A certain Crayton jersey with 8 mystery bids and a "final" selling price of $931 (much higher than his jerseys are worth) not being sold. It still available for sale on their web site after the auction. During the Chargers and Chiefs sale, this jersey was reduced to $1125. Now if you take the final mystery auction price of $931 and add the buyer's premium, you would have a price of $1070.65 -- and it didn't sell???????? My observations and first hand experience tell my there are still shady deals going on --

Sorry for the horrific grammar in my previous post -- I did not realize I could not edit. I know there are members who think Jarrod is outstanding and a terrific individual who has done nothing wrong -- you are entitled to your opinion and I am sure he is appreciative of your support. However, as someone who was ripped off by his company, I see the other side. Thank goodness we can exchange information via this forum. I feel sorry for buyers who are not forum members who were misled and purchased bad items. You can ban me if you want -- but once a pattern of dishonest behavior has been established, it is hard to break. I am still waiting for my apology and I will continue to let others know about the bad items I purchased and the shady auctions being held on the JO Sports website (or whatever they are called now). Someone has to stand up for the honest buyer and collector.

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    I personally purchased 2 jerseys that were sold and represented as game used but were not. How many misrepresented items does it take to prove falsely representing items were being sold (FRAUD)? Both were purchased during 2010 and 2011. I also pointed out the mystery bidding and mystery reserve prices observed during auctions held by JO Sports (when they called themselves JO Sports). A certain Crayton jersey with 8 mystery bids and a "final" selling price of $931 (much higher than his jerseys are worth) not being sold. It still available for sale on their web site after the auction. During the Chargers and Chiefs sale, this jersey was reduced to $1125. Now if you take the final mystery auction price of $931 and add the buyer's premium, you would have a price of $1070.65 -- and it didn't sell???????? My observations and first hand experience tell my there are still shady deals going on --

I'm really getting sick of posts like this. You had a bad experience with JO, when you bought the jersey of a player who played 4 snaps in the NFL...we get it. You also got your money back...I don't understand your constant whining about this? I'm pretty sure the price you paid was probably less than that of a retail NFL jersey on NFLSHOP.com (around $250).

As for the JO auctions, you clearly have not been involved in many auction house auctions before. Just because you think that a Patrick Crayton jersey is worth less than the reserve price in an auction really doesn't matter. The person selling the jersey will set the reserve, and if it doesn't meet that reserve price, then it won't sell. And your argument about the jersey being reduced after it didn't sell in an auction is not very rational. Have you ever gone to buy a car, left the showroom after your offer was turned down, yet to get a phone call the next day asking if you'd like to buy the car at your original offer price? Have you ever heard of TV's going on sale??? It does happen in the real world.

As far as someone else talking about JO having deals with college teams, that statement is absolutely FALSE. JO has never had any deals with any college teams. They have had college items for sale after the individuals have left college...but they don't have college deals. So maybe you people should get your facts straight before heaping garbage onto the "JO HATE PILE". I think Jarrod has enough going on in his life, that he shouldn't have to deal with false statements.

In all of this BS back and forth, I still have yet to see anyone come forth with a "doctored" or jersey with "manufactured" wear. I have asked for someone to come forth since this thread started, and have yet to see any proof.

Banned

I still don't get some of you guys. You ask people to come on here state their claims agianst Jarrod or JO Sports and once they do you guys rip them apart for doing so.

Some of you guys still don't get it. The FBI has charged these 6 guys and 4 of them have or are making pleas with the FBI and 2 guys state thier not quilty. Jarrod is one of the 4 men that are making plea's with the Goverment. SO don't come on here and say he didn't do anything wrong!! What do you think the FBI is making this all up? (The only guys I see standing up for Jarrod are guys who spent money with him and JO or are friends of theirs. These guys are like drug deallers and you guys need your fix.) I think it's time you guys wake up and see the light...

For the rest of you do whats right and stand up to these guys and state your cases against these scum bags. The more information the FBI can get the better our hobby will be in the long run!!!

Pretty awesome JO seems to have employees as board members "vouching" for them...that, or hopefully they're being compensated somehow (ha ha).

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Pretty awesome JO seems to have employees as board members "vouching" for them...that, or hopefully they're being compensated somehow (ha ha).

This is a great example of the nonsense in this thread. When faced with numerous questions regarding your purchase in which you consider fraudulent, you deflect the questions, and follow up with ridiculous statements. This should be a fact finding thread, in which you have been personally involved with "fraud" in a purchase from JO Sports Co, and be able to share the details of such. I still have yet to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    This is a great example of the nonsense in this thread. When faced with numerous questions regarding your purchase in which you consider fraudulent, you deflect the questions, and follow up with ridiculous statements. This should be a fact finding thread, in which you have been personally involved with "fraud" in a purchase from JO Sports Co, and be able to share the details of such. I still have yet to find one.
    Truthfully I said it to see how you'd respond. I personally could care less if you work for JO or not, or if you like JO or not. They seem to be allright guys from when I've talked to them, but the fact that Jarrod pled guilty TO FRAUD doesn't bother you or you don't think that's a bad thing is concerning...Do I think they hurt the hobby? Absolutely because they "Attempt" to monopolize it, when in actuality it sets the bar too high for a lot of collectors (not me, but a lot) when if the teams themselves marketed their OWN game used stuff, it would cut out the middleman and cause the prices to be cheaper, and hopefully have each team authenticate them themselves and eliminate the risk of having anything happen to ruin its authenticity from point A to point B. It's not JUST about price - when you buy directly from the source and cut out the middleman, you eliminate the other factors that could cause problems.

Lets stop name calling and focus on facts. Six people are being accused by the Department of Justice for plotting to defraud card companies and auction houses, which if you are a collector, essentially means you.

We have an actual opportunity to change things here. I feel like people are skipping over the fact that the FBI has made a detailed effort to fight fraud in our hobby. That is a pretty incredible thing.

Now, i would imagine there are people on here who can connect some of these dots between doctoring jerseys and getting them to auction houses and card companies. If you don't want to post here and want to keep your valuable information anonymous, you can email me at ecky3@aol.com

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    I still don't get some of you guys. You ask people to come on here state their claims agianst Jarrod or JO Sports and once they do you guys rip them apart for doing so.

Some of you guys still don't get it. The FBI has charged these 6 guys and 4 of them have or are making pleas with the FBI and 2 guys state thier not quilty. Jarrod is one of the 4 men that are making plea's with the Goverment. SO don't come on here and say he didn't do anything wrong!! What do you think the FBI is making this all up? (The only guys I see standing up for Jarrod are guys who spent money with him and JO or are friends of theirs. These guys are like drug deallers and you guys need your fix.) I think it's time you guys wake up and see the light...

For the rest of you do whats right and stand up to these guys and state your cases against these scum bags. The more information the FBI can get the better our hobby will be in the long run!!!
    The last details I heard, JO was "named" in a case in which there was fraud involving card companies. JO has not even been "directly" named. Other than that, ZERO DETAILS have been released. Until then, I will hold judgement.