Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guess Who's Glove This is?

Came across this picture, and the first thing that stood out to me was that this is a gold glover's glove, given that it has the Rawlings gold plated labels. After seeing the name on the glove it's obvious it doesn't belong to Lastings, but who's name is on it? Trying to figure it out and can't come up with anything. Anyone here have an idea on who's name is on the glove?

Re: Guess Who's Glove This is?

Can't see the photo.

If you post a photo direct from Getty, they won't show. You have to save it first and upload to Tinypic or Photobucket

Ed Brogle???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Ed Brogle???
    I think I've only seen that thread color on Rays or Mariners??? Maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    If you post a photo direct from Getty, they won't show. You have to save it first and upload to Tinypic or Photobucket
    Thanks Kyle, I will have to remember that next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Ed Brogle???
    I don't know, but I'm guessing whomever the Gold Glover is they didn't have their name on it either. There is nobody with the initials "E.B." which looks to be on the glove in the photo. The only clue I'm going by is that the lettering appears to be in Tampa Bay Devil Rays green, but that color could merely be a preference of any player not necessarily the primary color of the team they play for.

Can't tell who it is, but I wouldn't be thrown off by color, etc. MLB players can pretty much get whatever they want on their gloves. It could be a nickname, someone else's name in Lastings' life, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Can't tell who it is, but I wouldn't be thrown off by color, etc. MLB players can pretty much get whatever they want on their gloves. It could be a nickname, someone else's name in Lastings' life, etc.
    Of course, but the gold plated labels is what makes this intriguing for me; because from my understanding in order to have that on a Rawlings glove you must win a Gold Glove Award. He has never won the award.

I don't think that is the case anymore. I only recall Lofton having the plethora of gold patches, and of course he won some Gold Gloves, but I think players can pretty much get gold logo's if they want.

I never recall other multiple winners like Edmonds, Jones, etc. having the gold patches.

And since I can't remember a gold glover with what seems to "E.B." as initials, not sure the patches are dispositive.

Good mystery though and would like to know who's name is on the glove if anyone figures it out.

This could be a minor league glove. The Nats traded Milledge to the Pirates on June 30th, 2009

He didn't play for them at a major league level until July 30th, so he did spend some time in the minors. The photo on Getty is from August 6th so it was right around when he was called up. He could've brought it with him from the minors