Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Guess Who's Glove This is?

Came across this picture, and the first thing that stood out to me was that this is a gold glover's glove, given that it has the Rawlings gold plated labels. After seeing the name on the glove it's obvious it doesn't belong to Lastings, but who's name is on it? Trying to figure it out and can't come up with anything. Anyone here have an idea on who's name is on the glove?
  • AM
    • Sep 2010

Re: Guess Who's Glove This is?

Can't see the photo.

Comment

• kylehess10
      • Feb 2006

If you post a photo direct from Getty, they won't show. You have to save it first and upload to Tinypic or Photobucket

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
      http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• CampWest
        • May 2008

Ed Brogle???
        sigpic
        Wes Campbell

Comment

• CampWest
          • May 2008

Originally posted by CampWest
          Ed Brogle???
          I think I've only seen that thread color on Rays or Mariners??? Maybe.
          sigpic
          Wes Campbell

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
            • May 2009

Originally posted by kylehess10
            If you post a photo direct from Getty, they won't show. You have to save it first and upload to Tinypic or Photobucket
            Thanks Kyle, I will have to remember that next time.

Originally posted by CampWest
            Ed Brogle???
            I don't know, but I'm guessing whomever the Gold Glover is they didn't have their name on it either. There is nobody with the initials "E.B." which looks to be on the glove in the photo. The only clue I'm going by is that the lettering appears to be in Tampa Bay Devil Rays green, but that color could merely be a preference of any player not necessarily the primary color of the team they play for.

Comment

• AM
              • Sep 2010

Can't tell who it is, but I wouldn't be thrown off by color, etc. MLB players can pretty much get whatever they want on their gloves. It could be a nickname, someone else's name in Lastings' life, etc.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                • May 2009

Originally posted by AM
                Can't tell who it is, but I wouldn't be thrown off by color, etc. MLB players can pretty much get whatever they want on their gloves. It could be a nickname, someone else's name in Lastings' life, etc.
                Of course, but the gold plated labels is what makes this intriguing for me; because from my understanding in order to have that on a Rawlings glove you must win a Gold Glove Award. He has never won the award.

Comment

• AM
                  • Sep 2010

I don't think that is the case anymore. I only recall Lofton having the plethora of gold patches, and of course he won some Gold Gloves, but I think players can pretty much get gold logo's if they want.

I never recall other multiple winners like Edmonds, Jones, etc. having the gold patches.

And since I can't remember a gold glover with what seems to "E.B." as initials, not sure the patches are dispositive.

Good mystery though and would like to know who's name is on the glove if anyone figures it out.

Comment

• kylehess10
                    • Feb 2006

This could be a minor league glove. The Nats traded Milledge to the Pirates on June 30th, 2009

He didn't play for them at a major league level until July 30th, so he did spend some time in the minors. The photo on Getty is from August 6th so it was right around when he was called up. He could've brought it with him from the minors
                    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• kylehess10
                      • Feb 2006

Maybe anyone with Getty access can check and chime in on the details of the name on the glove
                      kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by kylehess10
                        This could be a minor league glove. The Nats traded Milledge to the Pirates on June 30th, 2009

He didn't play for them at a major league level until July 30th, so he did spend some time in the minors. The photo on Getty is from August 6th so it was right around when he was called up. He could've brought it with him from the minors
                        Here's his glove from the minors in 2009. He also used the same black Rawlings glove in 2010 along with another black Rawlings with yellow lettering and strings that appeared to be alternated at times.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...