Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cardinals Win the World Series!

I'm sad that anyone had to lose that series--especially after game six. All I can say to Albert Pujols is -- skip Disneyworld and come check out San Francisco. You can crash at my place....

Dave Silverbrand
    Giants Fan

Banned

I was rooting for Texas, but for birdbats, bigtruck, and the other Forum buddies I know that are Cardinals fans, congtulations and enjoy the celebration.

Dave Miedema

Banned

What a series. I wanted the Rangers to win but hopefully this keeps Albert in St. Louis. It would be hard for him to spin going to the Cubs or Dodgers or wherever claiming that he is doing so to "win" like players tend to do when they take the best deal on the table. I am a purist in that I like the greats to stay with one team.

LOL, same old sorry-ass rangers! I like nolan ryan, but never cared for the rangers.

Why don't they buy more bat again for the lineup, I am sure that will solve their issues , lol

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I was rooting for Texas, but for birdbats, bigtruck, and the other Forum buddies I know that are Cardinals fans, congtulations and enjoy the celebration.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks, Dave. I ended up rooting for the team with more former Astros; it was great to see Berkman come up with some big hits. I'll bet he's glad now that the Astros didn't take up his offer to resign him after he was traded to the Yanks. And I've always been a fan of Dotel; I've got a Minor League/Spring Training bat of Octavio.

If anyone out in St. Louis sees anything rare, collectible, or unique related to the Rally Squirrel, please contact me. I'm amassing quite a collection and am more than willing to add any rare or oddball items.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

As a Ranger fan I have to tip my hat to the Cardinals. Hung in there in game 6. If the Rangers had been able to get either of the first two batters out in the 10th they likely would have won. With one out and a runner on base the pitcher would have had to go for a hit and the sacrifice that set up the tying runs with two on would have meant nothing. The Rangers always needed an ace starting pitcher like Carpenter which they didn't have. It appeared to me that Curz misplayed Freese ball in the 9th of game six and that it could have been caught, but as Washington says, "That's the way baseball go."

Not to derail this thread, but do the Cards have a game-used contact? I would like to be added to the list.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    LOL, same old sorry-ass rangers! I like nolan ryan, but never cared for the rangers.

Why don't they buy more bat again for the lineup, I am sure that will solve their issues , lol
    Why when everyone else is being civil and all does one person decide they have to post on a thread just to be an @$$-hole?

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post

At least the Rangers made it to the World Series, unlike our Rays!

It was the pitching that cost the Rangers the series!

The hitting was there.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Why when everyone else is being civil and all does one person decide they have to post on a thread just to be an @$$-hole?

There's one in every crowd. You stay classy, 33.

ncb
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10