Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The one game used item you wish you never sold.

What's the one game used item you wish you never sold. For me, there have been many, but more than anything else that I've sold I wish I could have back was the first piece I sold. Kelley clear shell Detroit Lions game used helmet to Jim Parker. Now deceased, but loved and respected as one of the early helmet gurus in the hobby and one of the finest people I've ever had the honor to meet and call friend. This was the most beautiful helmet I've ever seen and still regret selling, although it sparked a great friendship. Jim also passed worlds of knowledge about football helmets to me in our many conversations.

Shawn Kennedy
    gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
    GridironHeroes.net

Re: The one game used item you wish you never sold.

Tough choice but comes down to

Rob Johnson 2002 Bucs game sued jersey, offered the guy TRIPLE what I sold it to him for and still wouldn't budge

For me it would be either my Ray Durham game worn A's helmet (due to I met Ray at a public signing and he got such a kick out of holding it again) or my Raul Ibanenz game worn Pilots helmet from MLB auctions. That was rough because it was photo matched to the one game the M's wore those unis. Plus to see where Raul has gone from there in his career with Philly, would have made it all the more special.

My ryan braun 2006 Huntsville Stars AA uncracked game used black sam bat.

Ive never seen it or one like it since.
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just remember collectors never SELL... you may wanna debate that comment but i believe it...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    Just remember collectors never SELL... you may wanna debate that comment but i believe it...

Unfortunately if it is that vs. putting food on the table for your family, or trying to pay medical bills etc. that may influence or force your hand. As a collector for over 3 decades I can say that there have been times when I had zero choice as family and responsibilities on that end come before any collectible 100% of the time.

Joe

Jimmy Rollins game used bat mlb authenticated.I think a forum member had or has the bat though.

Ahhhh, you brought up bad memories!!! I had a game used, all original 1969 Houston Astros home shooting star jersey of Cesar Geronimo. Bought it in 1984, sold it in 1986 - regretted every second of my life since then (or at lest that part of my life)

Chipper Jones game used bat. It was uncracked with tons of use directly from the Braves. I sold it to make a purchase of a Josh Hamilton that ended up getting sold out from under me. The bat was relisted recently, but the buyer had it signed with the inscription "Go Braves" I don't like signed bats so I passed.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

1974 Hank Aaron game worn home jersey. painful. very painful