Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Josh Hamilton 2011 WS Game 6 Homerun ball on eBay

I didn't see this already posted, but apologize if it has already been. Was checking out eBay and saw where the guy who caught Josh Hamilton's homerun in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series has listed the ball on eBay with a starting bid of $1,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Josh-Hamilto...item336da87aa4

What do you guys think? Legit?

Re: Josh Hamilton 2011 WS Game 6 Homerun ball on eBay

It was originally listed as a Buy It Now for $4000.00. Looks like he changed his mind.

ncb
    ------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Banned

Unless it has a MLB sticker on it or I caught it myself I will not buy it.

Not saying this is not the ball, it may be.

If I'm willing to spend $1,000 or more on an item, I'd want better photos to make a better judgement.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Banned

Re: Josh Hamilton 2011 WS Game 6 Home run ball on eBay

I like the listing. I wouldn't buy such an item myself, but I think the description and photos are from an honest person. If I was to buy this item I would ask for a notarized letter from the seller/guy who caught the ball but I would have no reason to doubt him or this listing.

I don't like seeing how he reserves the right to end the auction early, which means to me if he receives an offer or doesn't like the bidding pattern he may end the listing, which makes me wonder why would you start a listing at an opening bid of $1000.00 (which already has one bid) if you don't think that is enough if that is the only bid?

If it did get authenticated wouldn't it have a sticker or some kind of uv marking on it ??

All he would need is dirt clay , some grass and some asphalt to scuff the ball up and you could make a duplicate. Only way I'm buying that I'm buying that is if it had a MLB sticker on it. That's the first thing I would ask for is a MLB sticker on it. Don't know why he did not ask for better authentication.

I'm the person who ended up purchasing the ball from Monty (the guy who caught the ball). I contacted him through eBay and he asked that I give him a call. He threw a number out there for me and I told him I would consider it, but thought he would get way more at auction. Before buying it, he sent me personal pics of him and his wife in the stands holding the ball, a pic of his tickets to show he was in the section the ball landed in and a picture taken from ESPN showing him obtaining the ball. Monty is 6'4" and weighs 300lbs and his wife is beside him in the shot. He added me on Face Book where I saw all his post from that night and later about the ball. The scuff marks and markings all match perfectly with the pic of him holding it in the stands. I decided to buy it and along with all the pics and his ticket, he sent a notarized letter with pics of the ball and his DL printed on it. Yeah, there is always a risk in situations like this but I felt very comfortable after all the "proof" and after talking to him. I also looked at pictures on line of Josh hitting the HR. A couple of sites have pics of the exact moment the ball made contact with the bat. Looking at the stitch pattern that is facing the camera(s) I can look at the actuall ball and compare it to the photos and where the bat imprint is, is exactly where the bat shows to me making contact in photos from the game. Authentic or not, I feel it is genuine. If it isn't then I'll never know I guess. I've already had offers for more that what I paid for it and I'm even considering putting it on eBay myself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2x_beckett_super_collector View Post
    I've already had offers for more that what I paid for it and I'm even considering putting it on eBay myself soon.
    If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for it?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by 2x_beckett_super_collector View Post
    I'm the person who ended up purchasing the ball
    Nice pick up, how are you going to display it?

I'd like to display it, but it may end up in my safety deposit box lol! I can't really decide. I'd really like to realist it on eBay just to see what kind of offers I could get for it. As far as how much I paid for it, I hope you can understand why I'd rather just keep that between Monty and I. I would post pic on here but I'm fairly new on here and can't figure out how to post pictures through my phone